Steven A Cohen
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Influenza vaccination in young children reduces influenza-associated hospitalizations in older adults, 2002-2006Steven A Cohen
Initiative for the Forecasting and Modeling of Infectious Disease, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:327-32. 2011..To assess how influenza vaccination coverage in children is related to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) in older adults and whether sociodemographic factors modify these associations...
- A review of demographic and infrastructural factors and potential solutions to the physician and nursing shortage predicted to impact the growing US elderly populationSteven A Cohen
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:352-62. 2009..Any specific measures to remedy this growing problem should be implemented in a timely manner to reduce this critical shortage of healthcare workers that will only continue to grow in the coming decades...
- Grandparental caregiving, income inequality and respiratory infections in elderly US individualsSteven A Cohen
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Stearns 203D, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:246-53. 2011....
- Trends for influenza and pneumonia hospitalization in the older population: age, period, and cohort effectsS A Cohen
Tufts School of Medicine, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, 136 Harrison Village, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Epidemiol Infect 138:1135-45. 2010..Further understanding of these circumstances and those resulting age and cohort groups most vulnerable to P&I may help to target health services towards those most at risk of disease...
- Measuring disease burden in the older population using the slope-intercept method for population log-linear estimation (SIMPLE)Steven A Cohen
Tufts School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Stat Med 30:480-8. 2011..We also present spatial and temporal associations between the two measurements the SIMPLE method produces...
- Dietary intake and severe early childhood caries in low-income, young childrenE Whitney Evans
ufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 113:1057-61. 2013..Specific dietary guidance for parents of young children, particularly regarding SSB consumption, could help reduce severe ECC prevalence. ..
- Snowbirds and infection--new phenomena in pneumonia and influenza hospitalizations from winter migration of older adults: a spatiotemporal analysisKenneth K H Chui
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Public Health 11:444. 2011..Given the high seasonal migration of individuals to Florida, this state was examined more closely using harmonic regression to assess spatial and temporal patterns of P&I hospitalizations by state of residence...
- Visual analytics for epidemiologists: understanding the interactions between age, time, and disease with multi-panel graphsKenneth K H Chui
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14683. 2011..We propose a graphical tool that can reveal the distribution of an outcome by time and age simultaneously...
- Childhood Hib vaccination and pneumonia and influenza burden in US seniorsSteven A Cohen
Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA steven
Vaccine 28:4462-9. 2010..The consistent associations between influenza in the elderly and vaccination coverage in children suggest that routine vaccination of children may impart some indirect protection to the elderly...
- Development of a pediatric cariogenicity indexE Whitney Evans
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Public Health Dent 73:179-86. 2013....
- Pursuing cost-effectiveness in mental health service delivery for youth with complex needsKatherine E Grimes
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 14:73-83. 2011..MHSPY's linked clinical and expense data is useful to study community-based treatment cost-effectiveness...
- Residential traffic exposure, pulse pressure, and C-reactive protein: consistency and contrast among exposure characterization methodsChristine L Rioux
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:803-11. 2010..Traffic exposure may increase cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk via systemic inflammation and elevated blood pressure, two important clinical markers for managing disease progression...
- Commentary: population-level risk factors, population health, and health policyElena N Naumova
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Public Health Policy 29:290-8. 2008