Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Adjusting for publication bias in the presence of heterogeneityNorma Terrin
Division of Clinical Care Research, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Stat Med 22:2113-26. 2003..Selection modelling is an alternative method warranting further study. It performed better than trim and fill in our simulations, although its frequency of convergence varied, depending on the simulation parameters...
- In an empirical evaluation of the funnel plot, researchers could not visually identify publication biasNorma Terrin
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 63, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 58:894-901. 2005..We sought to determine whether researchers can correctly identify publication bias from visual inspection of funnel plots in typical-size systematic reviews...
- External validity of predictive models: a comparison of logistic regression, classification trees, and neural networksNorma Terrin
Division of Clinical Care Research, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, and Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 56:721-9. 2003..We report a simulation study that compared the external validity of standard logistic regression (LR1), logistic regression with piecewise-linear and quadratic terms (LR2), classification trees, and neural networks (NNETs)...
- Telling children and adolescents about their cancer diagnosis: Cross-cultural comparisons between pediatric oncologists in the US and JapanSusan K Parsons
Center on Child and Family Outcomes, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Psychooncology 16:60-8. 2007..The purpose of this study is to (1) describe patterns of communication at diagnosis between pediatric oncologists and children with cancer and (2) compare cultural differences in these practices in the US and Japan...
- Cell-free DNA fragmentation patterns in amniotic fluid identify genetic abnormalities and changes due to storageInga Peter
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St NEMC no 63, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:185-90. 2008....
- The case of the misleading funnel plotJoseph Lau
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
BMJ 333:597-600. 2006
- Random treatment assignment using mathematical equipoise for comparative effectiveness trialsHarry P Selker
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:10-6. 2011..This approach may have utility for comparative effectiveness trials and for application of trial results to clinical practice...
- Impaired respiratory and skeletal muscle strength in patients prior to hematopoietic stem-cell transplantationAlexander C White
Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Division, New England Medical Center, NEMC 369, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Chest 128:145-52. 2005..The primary aim was to determine if respiratory and skeletal muscle strength and submaximal exercise capacity were reduced in subjects prior to sibling- or unrelated-donor hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Poverty, hunger, education, and residential status impact survival in HIVJames McMahon
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
AIDS Behav 15:1503-11. 2011..SES contributes to mortality in HIV infected persons directly and indirectly, and should be a target of health policy in this population...
- Development and validation of a patient-specific predictive instrument for the need for dose reduction in chemotherapy for breast cancer: a potential decision aid for the use of myeloid growth factorsPanos Savvides
Division of Hematology-Oncology, School of Medicine, New England Medical Center and Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Support Care Cancer 11:313-20. 2003..This instrument could help clinicians select patients who will benefit from early administration of myeloid growth factors...
- Nurse opinions and pulse oximeter saturation target limits for preterm infantsTuyet Hang Nghiem
Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 121:e1039-46. 2008....
- DEALING WITH PUBLICATION BIAS IN META-ANALYSISNorma Terrin; Fiscal Year: 2000..The goal of this project is to address these critical gaps, as well as to develop and test new methodology for detecting and adjusting for bias. ..
- DEALING WITH PUBLICATION BIAS IN META-ANALYSISNorma Terrin; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-range goal is to make available, for nay meta-analysis, the most appropriate tool for dealing publication bias, depending on the characteristics of the data. ..