Wei Qiao Qiu
Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Insulin, insulin-degrading enzyme and amyloid-beta peptide in Alzheimer's disease: review and hypothesisWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Psychiatry, New England Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, 150 Harrison Avenue, Rm 234, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Neurobiol Aging 27:190-8. 2006..Further studies of the role of IDE in the pathogenesis of AD, which may uncover potential treatment target, are much needed...
- Executive dysfunction in homebound older people with diabetes mellitusWei Qiao Qiu
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Research Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:496-501. 2006..To describe patterns of cognitive deficits and activities of daily living (ADLs) in older people with diabetes mellitus...
- Depression is associated with low plasma Abeta42 independently of cardiovascular disease in the homebound elderlyWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:536-42. 2007..Plasma Amyloid-beta peptide 42 (Abeta42) declines before and soon after the onset of AD, yet the relationship between plasma Abeta42 and depression is unclear...
- Amyloid-associated depression: a prodromal depression of Alzheimer disease?Xiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Campus Box 1007, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:542-50. 2008..In a previous study, we reported that depression is also associated with low plasma Abeta(42) levels in the elderly population...
- The relationship between plasma amyloid-β peptides and the medial temporal lobe in the homebound elderlyXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:593-601. 2011..We thus examined the relationship between plasma Aβ levels and brain volumes...
- The association between small vessel infarcts and the activities of amyloid-β peptide degrading proteases in apolipoprotein E4 allele carriersHaihao Zhu
1Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University Medical Campus, Boston, MA, USA
Angiology 64:614-20. 2013..Insulin-degrading enzyme in blood may also imply an important biomarker and a pathological event in Alzheimer disease through SV infarcts in the presence of ApoE4. ..
- Depression and plasma amyloid beta peptides in the elderly with and without the apolipoprotein E4 alleleXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 23:238-44. 2009....
- Association between linear measurements of corpus callosum and gait in the elderlyHarald Brodoefel
Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Eur Radiol 23:2252-7. 2013..However, such measurements are impracticable in clinical routine. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the association between simple linear measurements of CC thickness with gait...
- Depression, antidepressants, and plasma amyloid beta (Beta) peptides in those elderly who do not have cardiovascular diseaseXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:1413-7. 2007..Low plasma amyloid-beta peptide 42 (Abeta42) is associated with depressive symptoms independently of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the elderly. It is critical to investigate whether antidepressants modify this relationship...
- Physical and mental health of homebound older adults: an overlooked populationWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Psychiatry, Boston University Medical Campus, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:2423-8. 2010..The information in this review will explain the specific types of care the homebound population needs and discuss the care that could help ease their suffering and delay their entry into a nursing home or hospital...
- Clinical prediction of fall risk and white matter abnormalities: a diffusion tensor imaging studyBang Bon Koo
Departments of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Neurol 69:733-8. 2012..The Tinetti scale is a simple clinical tool designed to predict risk of falling by focusing on gait and stance impairment in elderly persons. Gait impairment is also associated with white matter (WM) abnormalities...
- Characterization of insulin degrading enzyme and other amyloid-β degrading proteases in human serum: a role in Alzheimer's disease?Zhiheng Liu
Departments of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University Medical Campus, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 29:329-40. 2012..The blood proteases mediating Aβ degradation may be important for the AD pathogenesis. More studies are needed to specify each Aβ degrading protease in blood as a useful biomarker and a possible treatment target for AD...
- The Nutrition, Aging, and Memory in Elders (NAME) study: design and methods for a study of micronutrients and cognitive function in a homebound elderly populationTammy M Scott
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:519-28. 2006..Understanding mediating factors by which micronutrient status affects cognitive function would contribute to elders' quality of life and their ability to remain in the home...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and the reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease in the absence of apolipoprotein E4 alleleWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Department of Psychiatry, and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Alzheimer s Disease Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 37:421-8. 2013..A double-blind clinical trial should be considered to determine the effect of ACE inhibitors on prevention of AD in the context of ApoE genotype. ..
- Association between Amylin and Amyloid-β Peptides in Plasma in the Context of Apolipoprotein E4 AlleleWei Qiao Qiu
Departments of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Alzheimer s Disease Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e88063. 2014..The presence of ApoE4 may attenuate amylin's capacity to remove Aβ, especially Aβ1-40, from the AD brain. ..
- Diffusion tensor imaging, white matter lesions, the corpus callosum, and gait in the elderlyRefeeque A Bhadelia
Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:3816-20. 2009..Our purpose was to investigate the relationship between the integrity of white matter in the corpus callosum as determined by DTI and quantitative measures of gait in the elderly...
- Loss of neprilysin function promotes amyloid plaque formation and causes cerebral amyloid angiopathyWesley Farris
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Room 730, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 171:241-51. 2007....
- MAT1A variants are associated with hypertension, stroke, and markers of DNA damage and are modulated by plasma vitamin B-6 and folateChao Qiang Lai
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1377-86. 2010..The S-adenosylmethionine synthetase type 1 (MAT1A) gene encodes a key enzyme in one-carbon nutrient metabolism...
- The effects of acupuncture on the brain networks for emotion and cognition: an observation of gender differencesWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, USA
Brain Res 1362:56-67. 2010..Our study suggests that brains with sex dimorphism may process the acupuncture stimulation differently between women and men...
- Commonality and specificity of acupuncture action at three acupoints as evidenced by FMRIJoshua D Claunch
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, USA
Am J Chin Med 40:695-712. 2012..Our findings showing preferential response of certain limbic-paralimbic structures suggests acupoints may also exhibit relative specificity...