Stephen G Pauker
Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- The clinical interpretation of researchStephen G Pauker
Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 2:e395. 2005
- Valvular and structural heart disease: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition)Deeb N Salem
Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Chest 133:593S-629S. 2008..For patients with infective endocarditis, we recommend against antithrombotic therapy, unless a separate indication exists (Grade 1B)...
- Systematic review of outcomes after surgical management of venous disease incorporating subfascial endoscopic perforator surgeryJohn A TenBrook
Division of Clinical Decision Making, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:583-9. 2004..Patients in whom conservative therapies fail may improve after surgical treatment of superficial and perforating venous disease, but the degree of this benefit is uncertain...
- Empirical anti-Candida therapy among selected patients in the intensive care unit: a cost-effectiveness analysisYoav Golan
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:857-69. 2005..Mortality from invasive candidiasis is high. Low culture sensitivity and treatment delay contribute to increased mortality, but nonselective early therapy may result in excess costs and drug resistance...
- Cost-effectiveness of prophylactic low molecular weight heparin in pregnant women with a prior history of venous thromboembolismJoseph A Johnston
The Health Services Research and Development Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Med 118:503-14. 2005..The balance of risks and benefits in women with different recurrence risks has not been examined...
- Antithrombotic therapy in valvular heart disease--native and prosthetic: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic TherapyDeeb N Salem
Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Chest 126:457S-482S. 2004..For patients with bioprosthetic valves who are in sinus rhythm and do not have AF, we recommend long-term (> 3 months) therapy with aspirin, 75 to 100 mg/d (Grade 1C+)...
- Preventing sudden cardiac death: can we afford the benefit?Stephen G Pauker
Ann Intern Med 142:664-6. 2005
- Presidential reflections on the 25th anniversary of the society for medical decision makingArthur S Elstein
Department of Medical Education, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Med Decis Making 24:408-20. 2004
- Information on cost-effectiveness: an essential product of a national comparative effectiveness programNeil Kirschner
Ann Intern Med 148:956-61. 2008....
- Grades of recommendation for antithrombotic agents: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition)Gordon H Guyatt
Health Sciences Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Chest 133:123S-131S. 2008..Weak (Grade 2) suggestions require more judicious application, particularly considering patient values and preferences and, when resource limitations play an important role, issues of cost...
- The discrepancy between observational studies and randomized trials of menopausal hormone therapy: did expectations shape experience?Nananda F Col
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:923-9. 2003..Beliefs held by patients, clinicians, and investigators might have affected the ascertainment of CHD outcomes in observational studies...