Kenneth L Noller
Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Correlation of umbilical cord blood hormones and growth factors with stem cell potential: implications for the prenatal origin of breast cancer hypothesisTodd M Savarese
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R29. 2007..We examined in umbilical cord blood the correlation of potential breast epithelial mitogens, including hormones and growth factors, with hematopoietic stem cell concentrations serving as surrogates of overall stem cell potential...
- Cervical cytology screening and evaluationKenneth L Noller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts University School of Medicine and Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:391-7. 2005
- Cervical cytology screening practices among obstetrician-gynecologistsKenneth L Noller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts University Medical School New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:259-65. 2003..To estimate the current cervical cytology screening practices of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Fellows, to establish a baseline for tracking future changes in practice...
- Breast cancer incidence in women prenatally exposed to maternal cigarette smokeWilliam C Strohsnitter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Epidemiology 16:342-5. 2005..At the start of this study, cigarette smoking history was obtained directly from the mother...
- The centrality of the clinician in the evaluation of patients with abnormal cervical cytologic studiesKenneth L Noller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts University Medical School New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1533-5. 2002..Even suggestions based on guidelines that are evidence based often do not apply to a particular patient because such guidelines are most appropriate for only the "average" patient...
- Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and risk of breast cancerJulie R Palmer
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1509-14. 2006..The findings support the hypothesis that prenatal hormone levels influence breast cancer risk...
- The association between in utero cigarette smoke exposure and age at menopauseWilliam C Strohsnitter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:727-33. 2008..The possibility that active cigarette smoking modifies this effect is also suggested...
- Secondary sex ratio among women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in uteroLauren A Wise
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:1314-9. 2007..Previous studies have suggested an association between endocrine-disrupting compounds and secondary sex ratio...
- Interim guidance for the use of human papillomavirus DNA testing as an adjunct to cervical cytology for screeningThomas C Wright
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, Room 16 404 P and S Building, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:304-9. 2004..If test results of either are abnormal, colposcopy should then be performed. This guidance should assist clinicians in utilizing HPV DNA testing in an effective manner, while minimizing unnecessary evaluations and treatments...
- We are the champions (of women's health)Kenneth L Noller
American College of Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Obstet Gynecol 109:1268-9. 2007
- American Cancer Society Guideline for human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine use to prevent cervical cancer and its precursorsDebbie Saslow
Cancer Control Science Department, American Cancer Society, Altanta, GA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 57:7-28. 2007..They address the use of prophylactic HPV vaccines, including who should be vaccinated and at what age, as well as a summary of policy and implementation issues. Implications for screening are also discussed...
- Risk of breast cancer in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero: prelimiinary results (United States)Julie R Palmer
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Causes Control 13:753-8. 2002..We evaluated the relation of in-utero DES exposure to the risk of adult breast cancer...
- HPV vaccination: more questions than answersKenneth L Noller
Obstet Gynecol 107:4-5. 2006
- Cervical screening and general physical examination behaviors of women exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrolElizabeth A Camp
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 12:111-7. 2008..To estimate whether women exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol (DES) report receiving more cervical and general physical examinations compared to unexposed women...