Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Serologic prevalence of antibodies to Helicobacter pylori in internationally adopted childrenLaurie C Miller
Department of Pediatrics, The Floating Hospital for Children, New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Helicobacter 8:173-8. 2003..pylori, as diagnosed serologically. Residence in an orphanage (compared with foster care), older age at adoption, and coinfection with intestinal parasites were more common among children seropositive for anti-H. pylori antibodies...
- Immediate behavioral and developmental considerations for internationally adopted children transitioning to familiesLaurie C Miller
Department of Pediatrics, International Adoption Clinic, Tufts University School of Medicine, The Floating Hospital for Children New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 52:1311-30, vi-vii. 2005..Some children display emotional distress and developmental delays; however, most recover rapidly. Anticipatory guidance from the pediatrician can assist families and children with this major life transition...
- Medical diagnoses and growth of children residing in Russian orphanagesLaurie C Miller
International Adoption Clinic, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Acta Paediatr 96:1765-9. 2007..Survey the health of young children residing in Russian orphanages...
- International adoption: infectious diseases issuesLaurie C Miller
New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:286-93. 2005..After the adoption, the infectious diseases consultant may be asked to assess the adequacy of the child's vaccination record from the birth country and to assist in screening, evaluation, and management of infectious diseases...
- Health of children adopted from Guatemala: comparison of orphanage and foster careLaurie Miller
Department of Pediatrics, New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Pediatrics 115:e710-7. 2005..Physical evidence suggestive of prenatal alcohol exposure and adequacy of vaccinations administered were also reviewed...
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders in children residing in Russian orphanages: a phenotypic surveyLaurie C Miller
International Adoption Clinic, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:531-8. 2006..Therefore, we performed a systematic survey of phenotypic features associated with prenatal alcohol exposure among institutionalized Russian children and related these findings to their growth, development, medical, and social histories...
- Health of children adopted from EthiopiaLaurie C Miller
International Adoption Clinic, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Matern Child Health J 12:599-605. 2008..Since 2000, American families have adopted 1,700 children from Ethiopia. Little is known about the health and development of these children...
- Getting ahead of acute meningitis & encephalitisCristina Matthews
Neuromedical Neurosurgical Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Nursing 37:36-41; quiz 41-2. 2007..Learn how to distinguish between these common central nervous system infections and respond appropriately...
- Hypercalcemia in a newly arrived international adopteeWilma Chan
International Adoption Clinic, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1249-50. 2006
- International adoption, behavior, and mental healthLaurie C Miller
JAMA 293:2533-5. 2005
- Erroneous diagnoses in children referred with acute rheumatic feverJorge M Lopez-Benitez
The Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts, New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:181-2. 2008..Overdiagnosis of rheumatic fever can falsely inflate incidence and prevalence statistics and clinically significant diagnoses may be overlooked...
- Child abuse fatalities among internationally adopted childrenLaurie C Miller
Child Maltreat 12:378-80. 2007
- Family and research context of internationally adopted child abuse fatalitiesLaurie C Miller
Child Maltreat 12:385-6. 2007
- Neurodevelopmental Outcome in Russian OrphanageLaurie Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..