Timothy E McAlindon
Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Nutraceuticals: do they work and when should we use them?Timothy E McAlindon
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 20:99-115. 2006....
- Changes in barometric pressure and ambient temperature influence osteoarthritis painTim McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass 02111, USA
Am J Med 120:429-34. 2007..Individuals with osteoarthritis often assert that change in the weather influences their pain, but the evidence is inconclusive. Our objective was to determine if short-term weather parameters influence knee osteoarthritis pain...
- Conducting clinical trials over the internet: feasibility studyTim McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Box 406, 715 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
BMJ 327:484-7. 2003
- Assessment of strategies for identifying diagnosed cases of systemic lupus erythematosus through self-reportT E McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Lupus 12:754-9. 2003..SLE case confirmation strategies can be complemented by the use of criteria checklists sent directly to participants' physicians...
- Why are clinical trials of glucosamine no longer uniformly positive?Tim McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Box 406, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 29:789-801. 2003..These issues include design issues and important differences in sample characteristics. Ultimately, it is clear that more work needs to be done to clarify issues surrounding the efficacy and utility of the various glucosamine compounds...
- Effectiveness of glucosamine for symptoms of knee osteoarthritis: results from an internet-based randomized double-blind controlled trialTimothy McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Am J Med 117:643-9. 2004..To present the safety and effectiveness results of a prototypical 12-week, double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial of glucosamine among subjects with knee osteoarthritis who were recruited and followed entirely over the Internet...
- Feasibility and validity were demonstrated of an online case-control study using the prototype of recent-onset systemic lupus erythematosusTimothy McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 406, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 61:671-8. 2008..To test the feasibility and validity of the online case-control study design through the empirical deployment of a prototype study of recent-onset systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Nutritional factors and osteoarthritis: recent developmentsTimothy E McAlindon
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:647-52. 2005..This review focuses on how the evidence for a role of nutritional factors or nutritional supplements in the management of knee osteoarthritis has been changed by recent research...
- Quantification of bone marrow lesion volume and volume change using semi-automated segmentation: data from the osteoarthritis initiativeJincheng Pang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tufts University, 216 Halligan Hall, Medford, MA 02155, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:3. 2013..To determine the validity of a semi-automated segmentation of bone marrow lesions (BMLs) in the knee...
- Relationship of bone mineral density to progression of knee osteoarthritisJi Y Lee
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:1541-6. 2013..To evaluate the longitudinal relationship between bone mineral density (BMD) and BMD changes and the progression of knee osteoarthritis (OA), as measured by cartilage outcomes...
- Glucosamine for pain in osteoarthritis: why do trial results differ?Steven C Vlad
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:2267-77. 2007..Investigators in trials of glucosamine report a range of estimates for efficacy, making conclusions difficult. We undertook this study to identify factors that explain heterogeneity in trials of glucosamine...
- Association of periodontal disease and tooth loss with rheumatoid arthritis in the US populationPaola de Pablo
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Rheumatol 35:70-6. 2008..To test for an association of periodontitis and tooth loss with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Is lipstick associated with the development of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?Jun Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Rheumatol 27:1183-7. 2008..Epidemiologic studies of SLE should include this exposure in exploring its environmental triggers...
- Therapeutic trajectory of hyaluronic acid versus corticosteroids in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisRaveendhara R Bannuru
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1704-11. 2009..To compare the efficacy of intraarticular hyaluronic acid with corticosteroids for knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Quantitative bone marrow lesion size in osteoarthritic knees correlates with cartilage damage and predicts longitudinal cartilage lossJeffrey B Driban
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Box 406, Boston, MA 02111, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:217. 2011....
- Validity of self-reported rheumatoid arthritis in a large cohort: results from the Black Women's Health StudyMargaret K Formica
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:235-41. 2010....
- Considerations in the treatment of early osteoarthritisSenada Arabelovic
Tufts New England Medical Center, Division of Rheumatology, 750 Washington Street, NEMC Box 406, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 7:29-35. 2005....
- Changes in serum levels of glucosamine and sulphate after ingestion of glucosamine sulphate with and without simultaneous ingestion of glucoseBeth A Biggee
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1403-4. 2007
- Effect of glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and proximity to hazardous waste sites on time to systemic lupus erythematosus diagnosis: results from the Roxbury lupus projectElizabeth W Karlson
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:244-54. 2007..Our goal was to assess association of residential proximity to hazardous waste sites and genetic variation in 3 glutathione Stransferase (GST) genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1) with age at diagnosis of SLE...
- Smoking, alcohol consumption, and risk of systemic lupus erythematosus in the Black Women's Health StudyMargaret K Formica
Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit and the Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Rheumatol 30:1222-6. 2003..We prospectively investigated the associations of smoking and alcohol consumption with incident SLE in the Black Women's Health Study (BWHS)...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN RHEUMATOLOGY AT NEW ENGLAND MEDICALTimothy McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2005..The participation of faculty members and trainees from Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology and Basic Science Departments offers a training opportunity in infection and immunity related to rheumatic diseases. ..
- The Role of Bone in Osteoarthritis ProgressionTimothy McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2007..All these data will join and enrich the OAI public data set at specified time points. ..