Affiliation: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Daptomycin-resistant, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremiaA Mangili
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:1058-60. 2005..Although daptomycin is an alternative agent for treatment of drug-resistant gram-positive bacterial infections, development of resistance during prolonged use may occur with MRSA bacteremia from a persistent focus...
- Nutrition and HIV infection: review of weight loss and wasting in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy from the nutrition for healthy living cohortA Mangili
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:836-42. 2006..This information is intended to raise awareness among health care providers of HIV-infected patients that weight loss and wasting remain important acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-defining conditions, despite the advent of HAART...
- Risk of cardiovascular disease in a cohort of HIV-infected adults: a study using carotid intima-media thickness and coronary artery calcium scoreAlexandra Mangili
Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1482-9. 2006..We measured 2 surrogate markers of subclinical atherosclerosis, carotid intima-media thickness (c-IMT) and coronary artery calcium (CAC) scores, in HIV-infected adults...
- Metabolic syndrome and subclinical atherosclerosis in patients infected with HIVAlexandra Mangili
Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:1368-74. 2007..The present study examines the association between carotid and coronary atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected adults...
- Micronutrient concentrations and subclinical atherosclerosis in adults with HIVE Liana Falcone
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1213-9. 2010..Extremes in micronutrient intakes are common in HIV-infected patients in developed countries and may affect the progression of atherosclerosis in this population...
- Interaction of daptomycin with two recombinant thromboplastin reagents leads to falsely prolonged patient prothrombin time/International Normalized Ratio resultsPeggy S Webster
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Lexington, Massachusetts 02421, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:32-8. 2008..Healthcare providers should consider a possible drug-laboratory test interaction if prolonged prothrombin time or elevated International Normalized Ratio values are observed in patients receiving daptomycin...