Affiliation: Treatment Research Institute
- Substance abuse treatment providers' beliefs and objections regarding contingency management: implications for disseminationKimberly C Kirby
Treatment Research Institute, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:19-27. 2006..These findings have implications for improving the dissemination of this empirically-supported treatment...
- Randomized clinical trial examining duration of voucher-based reinforcement therapy for cocaine abstinenceKimberly C Kirby
Treatment Research Institute, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 South Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA Center for Studies of Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 132:639-45. 2013..This is the first study to systematically manipulate duration of voucher-based reinforcement therapy (VBRT) to see if extending the duration increases abstinence during and following VBRT...
- Is exposure to an effective contingency management intervention associated with more positive provider beliefs?Kimberly C Kirby
Treatment Research Institute, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA19106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 42:356-65. 2012..The results from the study suggest that exposing community treatment providers to incentive programs may itself be an effective strategy in prompting the dissemination of CM interventions...
- Interdependent group contingency management for cocaine-dependent methadone maintenance patientsKimberly C Kirby
Treatment Research Institute, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 41:579-95. 2008..The group CM intervention proved feasible and safe. The MB condition improved group CM meeting attendance relative to the CA condition...
- The Significant Other Checklist: measuring the problems experienced by family members of drug usersKimberly C Kirby
Treatment Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3475, USA
Addict Behav 30:29-47. 2005....
- A faith-based intervention for cocaine-dependent Black womenGerald J Stahler
Department of Geography and Urban Studies, 309 Gladfelter Hall, Temple University 025 27, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 39:183-90. 2007..Creating a community of social support through Black churches appears feasible and promising, and may be a cost-effective means of providing longer-term post-treatment support for cocaine-addicted women...
- Effects of lower-cost incentives on stimulant abstinence in methadone maintenance treatment: a National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network studyJessica M Peirce
Mid Atlantic Node, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:201-8. 2006....
- Effect of prize-based incentives on outcomes in stimulant abusers in outpatient psychosocial treatment programs: a national drug abuse treatment clinical trials network studyNancy M Petry
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1148-56. 2005....
- Day treatment for cocaine dependence: incremental utility over outpatient counseling and voucher incentivesDouglas B Marlowe
Treatment Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 S Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3475, USA
Addict Behav 28:387-98. 2003..In addition, there may have been a ceiling effect from the vouchers, which masked the influence of the additional day treatment components...
- Status hearings in drug court: when more is less and less is moreDavid S Festinger
Treatment Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 South Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3475, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 68:151-7. 2002..These findings lend useful guidance to drug courts. Status hearings are expensive and time consuming and should be targeted to clients who would benefit most from them...
- Shaping reduced smoking in smokers without cessation plansR J Lamb
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, 78229, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 13:83-92. 2005..However, more individuals in the 4-sample window group achieved a BCO level below 4 ppm, indicating recent abstinence. These individuals did so more rapidly and for a greater number of visits...
- Comparative analysis of state requirements for the training of substance abuse and mental health counselorsMaryLouise E Kerwin
Department of Psychology, Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ 08028, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 30:173-81. 2006..Although these different models for training are valid, they each have different implications for clinical practice, dissemination of research findings to practice, and management within the service delivery model...
- Development and initial demonstration of a community-based intervention for homeless, cocaine-using, African-American WomenGerald J Stahler
Department of Geography and Urban Studies, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 28:171-9. 2005..Participants who received Bridges had greater treatment retention, reported 100% cocaine abstinence at follow-up, and were more satisfied with their treatment...
- Contingencies for change in complacent smokersR J Lamb
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:245-55. 2007....
- Social adjustment of family members and significant others (FSOs) of drug usersClifton R Hudson
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 23:171-81. 2002..Further inquiry is needed to improve our understanding of the impact of drug use on the users' family members...
- From telephone to office: intake attendance as a function of appointment delayDavid S Festinger
Treatment Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19106 3475, USA
Addict Behav 27:131-7. 2002..This accelerated intake procedure allows clinics to reach more patients in need of services...
- Behavior Therapy Development of Group CM in Methadone TxKimberly Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., number of behaviors targeted, frequency of urine testing). While developing this Group CM intervention will not by itself result in improved dissemination of CM, it is a critical first step in this direction. ..
- A Behavioral Model for Maintenance of Drug AbstinenceKimberly Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2007..Research questions address issues of CM duration, the development of new behaviors incompatible with drug use, and the availability of natural maintaining contingencies of reinforcement. ..
- CRAFT Behavior Therapy Phase 2 Study: Tx Entry ComponentKimberly Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the proposed research will have both scientific and practical benefits for drug users and their CSOs. ..
- Multimedia Toolkits to Implement 12-Step Recovery Concepts in Group CounselingDeni Carise; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- AN INTERVIEW FOR FAMILIES OF DRUG USERSKimberly Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, it could be a useful outcome measure in drug abuse treatment, providing information about improvements and cost-offsets that extend beyond the drug abuser to his or her family. ..
- Community Reinforcement Through Religious CommunitiesKimberly Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, this research could provide a cost-effective, community friendly means of adapting an efficacious behavioral treatment (CRA) for wider use in community treatment settings. ..
- Multimedia Toolkits to Implement 12-Step Recovery Concepts in Group CounselingKimberly C Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2010....