Affiliation: Treatment Research Institute
- Development and initial evaluation of the Brief Addiction Monitor (BAM)John S Cacciola
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA19106 3414, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 44:256-63. 2013..Change over time was significant for most items, and test-retest reliability was acceptable for nearly all items. Additional research is warranted to further establish the BAM's reliability, validity and usefulness...
- Recent status scores for version 6 of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI-6)John S Cacciola
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3414, USA
Addiction 106:1588-602. 2011..To describe the derivation of recent status scores (RSSs) for version 6 of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI-6)...
- Treatment history: relationship to treatment outcomesJohn S Cacciola
DeltaMetrics and Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106 3414, USA
Subst Use Misuse 44:305-21. 2009..Nevertheless, at admission, discharge and follow-up, clients with >or= 2 treatments generally had greater problems than clients with fewer treatments...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and other psychopathology in substance abusing patientsJohn S Cacciola
The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Center for Studies of Addiction, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 101:27-33. 2009..The findings suggest that it is not PTSD per se, but the frequent co-occurrence of PTSD and other psychopathology that largely accounts for previously reported greater problem severity of SUD patients with PTSD...
- Extending residential care through telephone counseling: initial results from the Betty Ford Center Focused Continuing Care protocolJohn S Cacciola
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19106, United States
Addict Behav 33:1208-16. 2008..FCC appears to be a feasible therapeutic option. Efforts to revise FCC to enhance its clinical and administrative value are described...
- Reconsidering the evaluation of addiction treatment: from retrospective follow-up to concurrent recovery monitoringA Thomas McLellan
Treatment Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Addiction 100:447-58. 2005..We refer to this paradigm as 'concurrent recovery monitoring' and discuss its potential for producing more timely, efficient, clinically relevant and accountable evaluations...
- Initial reliability and validity studies of the revised Treatment Services Review (TSR-6)John S Cacciola
University of Pennsylvania Center for Studies of Addiction, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA The Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 92:37-47. 2008..Report the results of initial reliability and validity analyses for a revised Treatment Services Review (TSR-6) instrument which measures a broader range of services than the original TSR...
- Individual characteristics of the literally homeless, marginally housed, and impoverished in a US substance abuse treatment-seeking sampleKarin M Eyrich-Garg
School of Social Administration, Dept of Public Health, Temple University College of Health Professions, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:831-42. 2008....
- Predicting DSM-IV dependence diagnoses from Addiction Severity Index composite scoresSamuel H Rikoon
Treatment Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 31:17-24. 2006..We recommend strategies for using ASI CSs as a diagnostic screening instrument in both research and treatment delivery environments...
- Treatment outcomes: first time versus treatment-experienced clientsJohn S Cacciola
DeltaMetrics Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 28:S13-22. 2005..Additionally, treatment-naive clients may be at increased risk for poor outcomes even when initial success is achieved...
- The long-term outcomes of drug use by methadone maintenance patientsGregory Bovasso
Community College of Philadelphia, 1700 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 30:290-303. 2003..The results provide evidence of negative sequelae of cocaine use during MM that underscore the importance of clinical efforts to reduce levels of cocaine and other nonopiate drug use by MM patients...
- Initial evidence for the reliability and validity of a "Lite" version of the Addiction Severity IndexJohn S Cacciola
University of Pennsylvania Center for Studies of Addiction, 3440 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 87:297-302. 2007..To evaluate the psychometric properties of a shortened version of the baseline ASI-5, the ASI-L-VA...
- The role of family history in addiction severity and treatment responseDonna M Coviello
Treatment Research Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 26:303-13. 2004..However, when accounting for baseline differences, the regression analyses demonstrated that familial risk was not predictive of drug treatment outcomes after 6 months of methadone maintenance treatment...
- Reliability and validity of the alcohol short index of problems and a newly constructed drug short index of problemsArthur I Alterman
Center for Studies of Addiction, University of Pennsylvania, 3440 Market Street, Suite 370, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 70:304-7. 2009....
- The prediction of violent and nonviolent criminal behavior in a methadone maintenance populationGregory B Bovasso
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
J Pers Disord 16:360-73. 2002..The DSM construct and diagnosis of Antisocial Personality Disorder may be enhanced by greater emphasis on personality traits associated with antisocial behavior...
- Computer Based Training for Drug Abuse OffendersJohn Cacciola; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Monitoring and Feedback in Substance Abuse TreatmentJohn Cacciola; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, the monitoring instrument (MMI) could aid evaluators and researchers in evaluating the course of clients'change during treatment and their discharge status across treatment organizations or experimental conditions. ..