Steven R Belenko
Affiliation: Treatment Research Institute
- HIV risk behaviors, knowledge, and prevention education among offenders under community supervision: a hidden risk groupSteven Belenko
The Treatment Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19106, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 16:367-85. 2004..Probation and parole departments need to improve HIV training for officers and make HIV risk reduction services more available...
- Estimating drug treatment needs among state prison inmatesSteven Belenko
Treatment Research Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, 600 Public Ledger Building, 150 South Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA 19106 3475, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 77:269-81. 2005....
- Sexual and physical victimization as predictors of HIV risk among felony drug offendersSteven Belenko
Treatment Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106 3475, USA
AIDS Behav 9:311-23. 2005..Assessing for specific prior abuse histories of offenders and providing targeted interventions may be useful for developing more effective primary and secondary HIV prevention services for this high-risk population...
- HIV risk behaviors, knowledge, and prevention service experiences among African American and other offendersSteven R Belenko
Treatment Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:108-29. 2005..HIV interventions must also be expanded for offenders on probation and parole. Mandatory HIV education and harm reduction approaches should be considered...
- Delivering more effective treatment to adolescents: Improving the juvenile drug court modelSteven Belenko
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, 633 Third Avenue, 10017 6706, New York, NY, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 25:189-211. 2003..The proposed model is designed to create a new generation of JDCs that maximizes the effectiveness of local resources and delivers research-based interventions to youth and families impacted by substance abuse and delinquency...
- Detecting, preventing, and treating sexually transmitted diseases among adolescent arrestees: an unmet public health needSteven Belenko
Department of Criminal Justice, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1032-41. 2009..With integrated linkages to treatment and prevention after release, this model could greatly reduce the STD burden in this underserved, high-risk population...
- Recently arrested adolescents are at high risk for sexually transmitted diseasesSteven Belenko
Department of Criminal Justice, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:758-63. 2008..With previous research and interventions focused on incarcerated adolescents, data are needed on STD prevalence and risk factors among newly arrested youth released to the community, a far larger subgroup...
- Online illegal drug use information: an exploratory analysis of drug-related website viewing by adolescentsSteven Belenko
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Health Commun 14:612-30. 2009....