Edward C Stites
Affiliation: Translational Genomics Research Institute
- Chemical kinetic mechanistic models to investigate cancer biology and impact cancer medicineEdward C Stites
The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Clinical Translational Research Division, 13208 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, USA
Phys Biol 10:026004. 2013..As work in this area advances, one can envision a future where such models may meaningfully contribute to the clinical management of cancer patients...
- The response of cancers to BRAF inhibition underscores the importance of cancer systems biologyEdward C Stites
Clinical Translational Research Division, The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Sci Signal 5:pe46. 2012..The results of these studies suggest that combined treatment of BRAF(V600E)-driven colon cancers with both vemurafenib and EGFR inhibitors is worth clinical evaluation...
- Mathematical investigation of how oncogenic ras mutants promote ras signalingEdward C Stites
Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 880:69-85. 2012..Computational analysis of the model resulted in several unanticipated predictions and suggested experiments that subsequently validated some of these predictions...
- Mechanistic modeling to investigate signaling by oncogenic Ras mutantsEdward C Stites
Clinical Translational Research Division, The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 4:117-27. 2012..These models also demonstrate differences in how models are developed and studied. Their evaluation suggests which approaches are most promising for future work...
- Use of mechanistic models to integrate and analyze multiple proteomic datasetsEdward C Stites
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri Electronic address
Biophys J 108:1819-29. 2015..Our results reveal potential cell line-specific differences in recruitment. ..
- A systems perspective of ras signaling in cancerEdward C Stites
Medical Scientist Training Program and Beirne B Carter Center for Immunology Research, Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 29908, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:1510-3. 2009....
- Network analysis of oncogenic Ras activation in cancerEdward C Stites
Beirne B Carter Center for Immunology Research and the Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Science 318:463-7. 2007..This system-level analysis of the oncogenic Ras network provides new insights and potential therapeutic strategies...
- Modeling membrane localization: case study of a Ras signaling modelEdward C Stites
Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Virginia, MR6 Rm 3708, 801386, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 680:661-7. 2010..For these predictions that are sensitive to the value of the membrane localization parameter, we find that the theoretically derived value of 250 results in model predictions that most closely match experimental observations...
- Specification, annotation, visualization and simulation of a large rule-based model for ERBB receptor signalingMatthew S Creamer
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
BMC Syst Biol 6:107. 2012..To overcome this problem, the rule-based modeling approach has been developed for representing interactions within signaling networks efficiently and compactly through coarse-graining of the chemical kinetics of molecular interactions...