Michael J Demeure
Affiliation: Translational Genomics Research Institute
- PTTG1 overexpression in adrenocortical cancer is associated with poor survival and represents a potential therapeutic targetMichael J Demeure
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ Electronic address
Surgery 154:1405-16; discussion 1416. 2013..Adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) is associated with poor survival rates. The objective of the study was to analyze ACC gene expression profiling data for prognostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets...
- Whole-genome sequencing of an aggressive BRAF wild-type papillary thyroid cancer identified EML4-ALK translocation as a therapeutic targetMichael J Demeure
Translational Genomics Research Institute, 445 N Fifth St, Phoenix, AZ, 85004, USA
World J Surg 38:1296-305. 2014..A 62-year-old man who underwent multiple operations for papillary thyroid cancer and whose metastases progressed despite standard treatments provided tumor tissue...
- Multi-institutional tumor banking: lessons learned from a pancreatic cancer biospecimen repositoryMichael J Demeure
Scottsdale Healthcare Cancer Surgery, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Pancreas 39:949-54. 2010..This article summarizes the key hurdles encountered and solutions we found in the process of developing a successful multi-institution biospecimen repository...
- Preclinical investigation of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel as a potential treatment for adrenocortical cancerMichael J Demeure
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Ann Surg 255:140-6. 2012....
- A pilot study using next-generation sequencing in advanced cancers: feasibility and challengesGlen J Weiss
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center Clinical Trials at Scottsdale Healthcare VGPCC, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76438. 2013....
- Gene expression profiling-based identification of cell-surface targets for developing multimeric ligands in pancreatic cancerYoganand Balagurunathan
Translational Genomics Research Institute, 445 North Fifth Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3071-80. 2008..These validated gene combinations thus encompass a list of cell-surface targets that can be used to develop multimeric ligands for the imaging and treatment of pancreatic cancer...
- Targeted therapies for adrenocortical carcinoma: IGF and beyondMichael J Demeure
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Horm Cancer 2:385-92. 2011..On the horizon are other agents targeting other tyrosine kinases, including EGF and FGF, and novel strategies such as individualized tumor analysis to select treatment...
- Small interfering RNA-mediated knockdown of PRL phosphatases results in altered Akt phosphorylation and reduced clonogenicity of pancreatic cancer cellsBret Stephens
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:202-10. 2008..These data support the hypothesis that PRL phosphatases regulate key pathways involved in tumorigenesis and metastasis and that knockdown of both PRL-1 and PRL-2 is required to disrupt PRL phosphatase function in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Genomic and expression profiling of adrenocortical carcinoma: application to diagnosis, prognosis and treatmentKimberly J Bussey
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Future Oncol 5:641-55. 2009....
- Identification of somatic mutations in cancer through Bayesian-based analysis of sequenced genome pairsAlexis Christoforides
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Neurogenomics Division, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
BMC Genomics 14:302. 2013....
- Toward a pathway-centered approach for the treatment of adrenocortical carcinomaKimberly J Bussey
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 23:34-44. 2011..The rarity of the disease has stymied therapeutic development. Recent work toward understanding the molecular pathogenesis of the disease has identified several potential new diagnostic and therapeutic targets...
- Adrenocortical cancerMelissa Wandoloski
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Clinical Translational Research Division, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Surg Clin North Am 89:1255-67. 2009..2% of all cancer deaths This article reviews the incidence, presentation, and pathology of ACC. Particular attention is paid to the molecular oncogenesis of this disease, and the surgical and therapeutic options available for its cure...
- Adrenocortical carcinoma survival rates correlated to genomic copy number variantsElizabeth A Stephan
Genetic Basis of Human Disease Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, 445 North 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:425-31. 2008..These regions may hold prognostic indicators and offer therapeutic targets that can be used to develop novel treatments for aggressive tumors...
- Advancing a clinically relevant perspective of the clonal nature of cancerChristian Ruiz
Clinical Translational Research Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:12054-9. 2011..We propose that our high-definition analyses of the genomes of distinct clonal populations of cancer cells in patients in vivo can help guide diagnoses and tailor approaches to personalized treatment...