Petra A Tsuji
Affiliation: Towson University
- Knockout of the 15 kDa selenoprotein protects against chemically-induced aberrant crypt formation in micePetra A Tsuji
Department of Biological Sciences, Towson University, Towson, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50574. 2012..Overall, our results demonstrate for the first time, that Sep15 knockout mice are protected against chemically-induced aberrant crypt foci formation and that Sep15 appears to have oncogenic properties in colon carcinogenesis in vivo...
- Deficiency in the 15 kDa selenoprotein inhibits human colon cancer cell growthPetra A Tsuji
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Nutrients 3:805-17. 2011..The potential mechanism by which human colon cancer cells lacking Sep15 revert their cancer phenotype will need to be explored further...
- Deficiency in the 15-kDa selenoprotein inhibits tumorigenicity and metastasis of colon cancer cellsRobert Irons
Nutritional Science Research Group, Molecular Biology of Selenium Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20892 7328, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:630-9. 2010..These data suggest tissue specificity in the cancer-protective effects of Sep15 downregulation, which are mediated, at least in part, by influencing the cell cycle...
- HIF-independent regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 contributes to the high levels of reactive oxygen species induced by hypoxiaSalvador Naranjo-Suarez
Molecular Biology of Selenium Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30470. 2012..These results indicate that hypoxic TR1 down-regulation is important in maintaining high levels of ROS under hypoxic conditions and that HIF stabilization and activity do not require hypoxic generation of ROS...
- Mouse models targeting selenocysteine tRNA expression for elucidating the role of selenoproteins in health and developmentBradley A Carlson
Molecular Biology of Selenium Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Molecules 14:3509-27. 2009....
- Selenoproteins and cancer preventionCindy D Davis
Nutritional Science Research Group, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20892, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 32:73-95. 2012....