Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Silberstein S, Saper J, Berenson F, Somogyi M, McCague K, D Souza J. Oxcarbazepine in migraine headache: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Neurology. 2008;70:548-55 pubmed publisher..5%); no adverse event occurred in more than 15% of the placebo-treated patients. Overall, oxcarbazepine was safe and well tolerated; however, oxcarbazepine did not show efficacy in the prophylactic treatment of migraine headaches. ..
- Silberstein S, Dodick D, Saper J, Huh B, Slavin K, Sharan A, et al. Safety and efficacy of peripheral nerve stimulation of the occipital nerves for the management of chronic migraine: results from a randomized, multicenter, double-blinded, controlled study. Cephalalgia. 2012;32:1165-79 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials.gov (NCT00615342). ..
- Silberstein S, Vodovskaia N. Trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias other than cluster headache. Med Clin North Am. 2013;97:321-8 pubmed publisher..SUNCT is a subtype of SUNA in which both conjunctival injection and tearing are present. SUNA differs from SUNCT in that autonomic symptoms are less prominent. ..
- Silberstein S, Calhoun A, Lipton R, Grosberg B, Cady R, Dorlas S, et al. Chronic migraine headache prevention with noninvasive vagus nerve stimulation: The EVENT study. Neurology. 2016;87:529-38 pubmed publisher..This pilot study lacked the precision to exclude important safety issues or benefits of nVNS. ..
- Silberstein S, Mechtler L, Kudrow D, Calhoun A, McClure C, Saper J, et al. Non-Invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation for the ACute Treatment of Cluster Headache: Findings From the Randomized, Double-Blind, Sham-Controlled ACT1 Study. Headache. 2016;56:1317-32 pubmed publisher..This safe and well-tolerated treatment represents a novel and promising option for eCH. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01792817. ..
- Yuan H, Lauritsen C, Kaiser E, Silberstein S. CGRP Monoclonal Antibodies for Migraine: Rationale and Progress. BioDrugs. 2017;31:487-501 pubmed publisher..CGRP function-blocking mAbs may potentially revolutionize the management of migraine. This review discusses in depth the fundamental role of CGRP in migraine pathogenesis as well as the clinical efficacy of CGRP function-blocking mAbs. ..