Roseann C Schaaf
Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Occupational therapy and sensory integration for children with autism: a feasibility, safety, acceptability and fidelity studyRoseann C Schaaf
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Autism 16:321-7. 2012..These data provide support for implementation of a randomized control trial of this intervention and identify specific procedural enhancements to improve study implementation...
- Occupational therapy using sensory integration to improve participation of a child with autism: a case reportRoseann C Schaaf
Department of Occupational Therapy, Jefferson School of Health Professions, and Faculty, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University, 901 Walnut Street, Room 605, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Occup Ther 66:547-55. 2012..We found improvement in sensory processing, as measured by the Sensory Integration and Praxis Tests, as well as enhanced participation in home, school, and family activities, as indicated on parent-rated goal attainment scales...
- Occupational therapy using a sensory integrative approach for children with developmental disabilitiesRoseann C Schaaf
Department of Occupational Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 11:143-8. 2005....
- Occupational therapy using a sensory integrative approach: a case study of effectivenessRoseann C Schaaf
Department of Occupational Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University, 130 South Ninth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Occup Ther 61:239-46. 2007....
- The everyday routines of families of children with autism: examining the impact of sensory processing difficulties on the familyRoseann C Schaaf
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Autism 15:373-89. 2011..This information has important implications for professionals who work with families of children with autism to decrease caregiver stress and to increase life satisfaction for the child and family...
- Cross-cultural comparison of sensory behaviors in children with autismKristina G Caron
Department of Occupational Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Occup Ther 66:e77-80. 2012..These findings indicate a need to further explore the influence of culture and environment on caregiver perceptions of the responses to sensory experiences of children with ASD...
- Examining the neuroscience evidence for sensory-driven neuroplasticity: implications for sensory-based occupational therapy for children and adolescentsShelly J Lane
Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Allied Health Professions, Virginia Commonwealth University, 730 East Broad Street, Suite 2050, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Am J Occup Ther 64:375-90. 2010..Although direct application from basic science to OT/SI is not feasible, we concluded that there was a basis for the assumptions of Ayes' SI theory...
- Parasympathetic functions in children with sensory processing disorderRoseann C Schaaf
Department of Occupational Therapy, Jefferson School of Health Professions and Farber Institute for Neuroscience, Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, PA, USA
Front Integr Neurosci 4:4. 2010....
- Children with disturbances in sensory processing: a pilot study examining the role of the parasympathetic nervous systemRoseann C Schaaf
Department of Occupational Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University, 130 South 9th Street, Edison 810, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Am J Occup Ther 57:442-9. 2003..Although the number of subjects in this pilot study is small, the results from this study support further investigations of parasympathetic functions and functional behavior in children with disturbances in sensory processing...
- Goal attainment scaling as a measure of meaningful outcomes for children with sensory integration disordersZoe Mailloux
Pediatric Therapy Network, 1815 West 213th Street, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501, USA
Am J Occup Ther 61:254-9. 2007....
- Fidelity in sensory integration intervention researchL Diane Parham
Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Southern California, 1540 Alcazar Street CHP 133, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Am J Occup Ther 61:216-27. 2007..We sought to assess validity of sensory integration outcomes research in relation to fidelity (faithfulness of intervention to underlying therapeutic principles)...
- Lessons learned: a pilot study on occupational therapy effectiveness for children with sensory modulation disorderLucy Jane Miller
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, USA
Am J Occup Ther 61:161-9. 2007..The purpose of this pilot study was to prepare for a randomized controlled study of the effectiveness of occupational therapy using a sensory integration approach (OT-SI) with children who have sensory processing disorders (SPD)...