Jorge A Roman-Blas
Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Osteoarthritis associated with estrogen deficiencyJorge A Roman-Blas
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Service of Rheumatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid 28040, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 11:241. 2009..Thus, a better understanding of how estrogen acts on joints and other tissues in OA will aid the development of specific and safe estrogen ligands as novel therapeutic agents targeting the OA joint as a whole organ...
- NF-kappaB as a potential therapeutic target in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisJ A Roman-Blas
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA19107 5541, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:839-48. 2006....
- Targeting NF-kappaB: a promising molecular therapy in inflammatory arthritisJorge A Roman-Blas
Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Int Rev Immunol 27:351-74. 2008..In addition, promising nucleic acid-based strategies have shown encouraging results. However, further research will be needed before NF-kappaB-aimed strategies become an effective therapy for inflammatory arthritis...
- Primary osteoarthritis no longer primary: three subsets with distinct etiological, clinical, and therapeutic characteristicsGabriel Herrero-Beaumont
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Service of Rheumatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Semin Arthritis Rheum 39:71-80. 2009....
- Subchondral bone microstructural damage by increased remodelling aggravates experimental osteoarthritis preceded by osteoporosisMiriam Bellido
Service of Rheumatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Avda, Reyes Catolicos, 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R152. 2010..Osteoporosis (OP) increases cartilage damage in a combined rabbit model of OP and osteoarthritis (OA). Accordingly, we assessed whether microstructure impairment at subchondral bone aggravates cartilage damage in this experimental model...
- Bone mineral density and joint cartilage: four clinical settings of a complex relationship in osteoarthritisGabriel Herrero-Beaumont
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Service of Rheumatology, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1523-5. 2011..Four clinical settings could arise from this relationship, and furthermore two phenotypes may be identified whether early osteoarthritis coexists with high or low BMD...
- Differential effects of the antioxidant n-acetylcysteine on the production of catabolic mediators in IL-1beta-stimulated human osteoarthritic synoviocytes and chondrocytesJorge A Roman-Blas
Joint and Bone Research Unit, Rheumatology Service, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 623:125-31. 2009..Therefore, NAC might have a symptomatic effect on the synovium rather than a structural effect on the cartilage in osteoarthritis...
- RANKL synthesized by articular chondrocytes contributes to juxta-articular bone loss in chronic arthritisMaría J Martínez-Calatrava
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Service of Rheumatology, IIS Fundación Jiménez D237 az, Universidad Autonoma, Av, Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R149. 2012..This study aimed to determine whether RANKL produced by chondrocytes induces osteoclastogenesis and juxta-articular bone loss associated with chronic arthritis...
- Subchondral bone as a key target for osteoarthritis treatmentSantos Castañeda
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital de la Princesa, IIS Princesa, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Biochem Pharmacol 83:315-23. 2012....
- PTH [1-34] enhances bone response around titanium implants in a rabbit model of osteoporosisM Isabel Almagro
Department of Dentistry, IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Clin Oral Implants Res 24:1027-34. 2013..Therefore, we studied the effects of intermittent PTH [1-34] on bone response around titanium implants in experimental osteoporosis induced by ovariectomy and glucocorticoid administration...
- Efficacy and safety of a selective estrogen receptor β agonist, ERB-041, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a 12-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, phase II studyJorge A Roman-Blas
Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1588-93. 2010..This study aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of one of these agonists, ERB-041, in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Progression of chondrogenesis in C3H10T1/2 cells is associated with prolonged and tight regulation of ERK1/2M Reza Seghatoleslami
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Biochem 88:1129-44. 2003..Our findings show that the activity of ERK1/2 in chondrogenic cultures of C3H10T1/2 cells is tightly controlled and can cross interact with other signaling activities mediated by BMP-2 to positively regulate chondrogensis...
- Cell therapy using articular chondrocytes overexpressing BMP-7 or BMP-10 in a rabbit disc organ culture modelYejia Zhang
Departments of Rehabilitation Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:831-8. 2008..Rabbit knee articular chondrocytes overexpressing human growth factors were injected into cultured intervertebral disc explants. Survival of the injected cells and accumulation of extracellular matrix were assessed...
- Modulation of TGF-beta signaling by proinflammatory cytokines in articular chondrocytesJ A Roman-Blas
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:1367-77. 2007....