Samar A Jasser
Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Light during darkness and cancer: relationships in circadian photoreception and tumor biologySamar A Jasser
Department of Neurology, Light Research Program, Thomas Jefferson University, 1025 Walnut Street, Suite 507, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:515-23. 2006..Continued rigorous empirical inquiry into the physiology and clinical implications of these habitual, integrated aspects of life is highly warranted at this time...
- Dim light adaptation attenuates acute melatonin suppression in humansSamar A Jasser
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Biol Rhythms 21:394-404. 2006....
- Melatonin-depleted blood from premenopausal women exposed to light at night stimulates growth of human breast cancer xenografts in nude ratsDavid E Blask
Laboratory of Chrono Neuroendocrine Oncology, Bassett Research Institute, The Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, Cooperstown, New York 13326, USA
Cancer Res 65:11174-84. 2005..These mechanistic studies are the first to provide a rational biological explanation for the increased breast cancer risk in female night shift workers...
- Motif analysis of the tumor suppressor gene MMAC/PTEN identifies tyrosines critical for tumor suppression and lipid phosphatase activityDimpy Koul
Department of Neuro Oncology, Box 100, The Brain Tumor Center, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:2357-64. 2002..Thus, Y240A and Y315A are involved in the ability of MMAC/PTEN to dephosphorylate PtdIns and regulate tumor cell growth in vitro and in vivo...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor blockade potentiates apoptosis mediated by Paclitaxel and leads to prolonged survival in a murine model of oral cancerF Christopher Holsinger
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3183-9. 2003..A greater apoptotic fraction of tumor cells was found in tumors of mice treated with paclitaxel and PKI166 as compared with the other treatment groups (136.4 versus 37.8; P = 0.016)...