Affiliation: Thomas Jefferson University
- Treatment strategies for sleep disturbance in patients with depressionKarl Doghramji
Sleep Disorders Center, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19017, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:24-9. 2003..Recognition and treatment of sleep disturbance are important aspects of managing depression. Pharmacologic intervention and behavior modification are viable treatment strategies...
- Assessment of excessive sleepiness and insomnia as they relate to circadian rhythm sleep disordersKarl Doghramji
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, the Sleep Disorder Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:17-22. 2004..When both excessive sleepiness and insomnia coexist, a circadian rhythm sleep disorder may be present, such as jet lag type, delayed and advanced sleep phase types, and shift work type...
- The evaluation and management of insomniaKarl Doghramji
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Jefferson Sleep Disorders Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 211 South Ninth Street, Suite 500, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Clin Chest Med 31:327-39. 2010..Once identified, specific treatments can be tailored to the underlying conditions. Effective cognitive/behavioral and pharmacologic management techniques are available for primary insomnia...
- The epidemiology and diagnosis of insomniaKarl Doghramji
Sleep Disorders Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Walnut Street, Suite 319, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:S214-20. 2006..This article will provide an overview of insomnia, its prevalence and epidemiology, and guidelines for clinical assessment...
- Melatonin and its receptors: a new class of sleep-promoting agentsKarl Doghramji
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:S17-23. 2007
- Effect of zolpidem on the sleep arousal response to nocturnal esophageal acid exposureGregg S Gagliardi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:948-52. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of zolpidem on the sleep arousal mechanism and acid clearance in patients with documented GER, compared with control subjects with normal acid exposure...
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and postoperative complications: clinical use of the STOP-BANG questionnaireTajender S Vasu
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:1020-4. 2010....
- Modafinil augmentation of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor therapy in MDD partial responders with persistent fatigue and sleepinessMaurizio Fava
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 19:153-9. 2007..This study evaluated modafinil in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) who were partial responders to adequate selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) therapy and excessive sleepiness and fatigue...
- Sleep and residual sedation after administration of zaleplon, zolpidem, and placebo during experimental middle-of-the-night awakeningGary K Zammit
Clinilabs Sleep Disorders Institute, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:417-23. 2006....
- The scoring of arousal in sleep: reliability, validity, and alternativesMichael H Bonnet
Dayton Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH 45428, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:133-45. 2007..Additional refinement of arousal scoring will provide improved insight into sleep pathology and recovery...
- Derivation of research diagnostic criteria for insomnia: report of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine Work GroupJack D Edinger
VA Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Sleep 27:1567-96. 2004..This report outlines the WG's findings, the insomnia RDC derived, and research assessment procedures the WG recommends for identifying study participants who meet these RDC...
- Adjunct modafinil for the short-term treatment of fatigue and sleepiness in patients with major depressive disorder: a preliminary double-blind, placebo-controlled studyCharles DeBattista
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University Medical Center, 401 Quarry Road, Room 2137, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1057-64. 2003..In this study, we examined the utility of modafinil as an adjunct therapy to treat fatigue and sleepiness in patients with major depression who are partial responders to antidepressants...