- Prevalence and correlates of indirect sharing practices among young adult injection drug users in five U.S. citiesHanne Thiede
HIV AIDS Epidemiology Program, Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:S39-47. 2007....
- Variability in practices for investigation, prevention, and control of communicable diseases among Washington State's Local health jurisdictionsHanne Thiede
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 18:623-30. 2012..To assess variability in investigation, prevention, and control of communicable diseases of public health significance among Washington State local health jurisdictions...
- Completeness of reporting of rabies postexposure prophylaxis in King County, WashingtonHanne Thiede
Communicable Disease Epidemiology and Immunization Section and HIV AIDS Epidemiology Program of Public Health Seattle and King County, Washington, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:448-53. 2008....
- Determinants of recent HIV infection among Seattle-area men who have sex with menHanne Thiede
Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S157-64. 2009..We sought to identify HIV-infection risk factors related to partner selection and sexual behaviors with those partners among men who have sex with men (MSM) in King County, Washington...
- Trends in hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, and human immunodeficiency virus prevalence, risk behaviors, and preventive measures among Seattle injection drug users aged 18-30 years, 1994-2004Richard D Burt
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA, USA
J Urban Health 84:436-54. 2007..We conclude that there has been a substantial and sustained reduction in prevalence rates for HBV and HCV infection among young Seattle IDUs, while HIV rates have remained low and stable...
- Why the wait? Delayed HIV diagnosis among men who have sex with menKimberly M Nelson
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Box 351525, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
J Urban Health 87:642-55. 2010....
- Evaluating respondent-driven sampling in a major metropolitan area: Comparing injection drug users in the 2005 Seattle area national HIV behavioral surveillance system survey with participants in the RAVEN and Kiwi studiesRichard D Burt
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:159-67. 2010..To empirically evaluate respondent-driven sampling (RDS) recruitment methods, which have been proposed as an advantageous means of surveying hidden populations...
- HIV disclosure and subsequent sexual behaviors among men who have sex with men who meet onlineJef St De Lore
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Homosex 59:592-609. 2012..Interventions need to promote accurate disclosure while acknowledging its limitations and the need for men to self-protect...
- Evaluating consistency in repeat surveys of injection drug users recruited by respondent-driven sampling in the Seattle area: results from the NHBS-IDU1 and NHBS-IDU2 surveysRichard D Burt
HIV AIDS Epidemiology Program, Public Health Seattle and King County, WA 98104, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:354-63. 2012..We compared data from two respondent-driven sampling (RDS) surveys of Seattle-area injection drug users (IDU) to evaluate consistency in repeat RDS surveys...
- Serosorting for hepatitis C status in the sharing of injection equipment among Seattle area injection drug usersRichard D Burt
Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 105:215-20. 2009..One potential means of reducing risk of HCV transmission among IDU is serosorting, whereby IDU preferentially share injection equipment with persons of like HCV status...
- HTLV-2 infection in injection drug users in King County, WashingtonJoseph R Zunt
Department of Neurology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 38:654-63. 2006..Additional studies are needed to examine the clinical manifestations of HTLV-2 infection, as well as the clinical and virological manifestations of HTLV-2/HCV coinfection...
- Variations in patterns of sexual risk behavior among Seattle-area MSM based on their HIV status, the HIV status of their partner and partner typeRichard D Burt
Department of HIV Epidemiology, Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AIDS Behav 16:599-607. 2012..The level of non-concordant UAI did not materially differ by whether their partner was a main or casual partner...
- Increased access to unrestricted pharmacy sales of syringes in Seattle-King County, Washington: structural and individual-level changes, 1996 versus 2003Ryan J Deibert
Health Services Department, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1347-53. 2006..Structural changes, including policy reform and pharmacy outreach, appear to increase syringe access. Interventions should address pharmacy policies and pharmacist attitudes and policies...
- Regional patterns and correlates of substance use among young men who have sex with men in 7 US urban areasHanne Thiede
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1915-21. 2003..We sought to characterize substance use patterns in young men who have sex with men (MSM) in 7 US urban areas and sociodemographic characteristics and history associated with such use...
- Depression and HIV risk behavior among Seattle-area injection drug users and young men who have sex with menThomas Perdue
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:81-92. 2003..This analysis suggests that psychological depression may influence certain HIV risk behavior in young MSM and IDUs, and that interventions addressing depression may be indicated...
- Peer referral for HIV case-finding among men who have sex with menMatthew R Golden
Division of Infectious Diseases and the Center for AIDS and STD, Public Health Seattle and King County, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AIDS 20:1961-8. 2006..To evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a health department-based peer referral program for identifying previously undiagnosed cases of HIV among men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Convenience is the key to hepatitis A and B vaccination uptake among young adult injection drug usersJennifer V Campbell
HIV AIDS Epidemiology Program, Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way 3rd Floor, c o Hanne Thiede, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 91:S64-72. 2007..Vaccination programs convenient to IDUs have not been widely implemented or evaluated. We assessed whether convenience and monetary incentives influenced uptake of free vaccine by 18-30-year-old IDUs in five U.S. cities...
- Public health communications and alert fatigueJanet G Baseman
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 13:295. 2013..We report an analysis of the effects of public health message volume/frequency on recall of specific message content and effect of rate of message communications on health care provider alert fatigue...
- Acute hepatitis C in a contemporary US cohort: modes of acquisition and factors influencing viral clearanceChia C Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Infect Dis 196:1474-82. 2007..Acute hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is often asymptomatic; thus, its epidemiology and natural history are difficult to define...
- Public health emergency preparedness and response communications with health care providers: a literature reviewDebra Revere
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 11:337. 2011....
- Trends in HIV prevalence among public sexually transmitted disease clinic attendees in the Western region of the United States (1989-1999)Nina T Harawa
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, CA 90005 4001, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1206-15. 2004..Using data from anonymous unlinked testing of routinely collected sera, trends in HIV are compared among sexually transmitted disease patients in 4 Western urban centers...
- Hepatitis C virus infection among injection drug users: survival analysis of time to seroconversionHolly Hagan
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research, National Development and Research Institutes, New York, New York 10010, USA
Epidemiology 15:543-9. 2004....
- Attitudes about combination HIV therapies: the next generation of gay men at riskBeryl A Koblin
Laboratory of Epidemiology, New York Blood Center, 310 East 67th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Urban Health 80:510-9. 2003..Attitudes about HAART were not associated with sexual risk behaviors. Prevention efforts among young MSM should focus on other determinants of risk, but also include information on the changing nature of HIV therapies...
- Viral hepatitis among young men who have sex with men: prevalence of infection, risk behaviors, and vaccinationCatherine Diamond
University of California Irvine Medical Center, 101 City Drive South, Building 11, Route 81, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:425-32. 2003..Men who have sex with men (MSM) are at risk for acquiring hepatitis A virus (HAV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Hepatitis B vaccination among research participants, Seattle, WashingtonHolly Hagan
Public Health Seattle and King County, Wash 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1756. 2002