Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- Vitamin A and apoptosis in prostate cancerX K Zhang
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 9:87-102. 2002..TR3, therefore, represents an unexplored molecule that may be an ideal target for developing new agents for prostate cancer therapy...
- Determinants of retinoid X receptor transcriptional antagonismClaudio N Cavasotto
Cancer Center, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Med Chem 47:4360-72. 2004..The antagonist also blocked activation of RAR subtypes alpha and beta by 9-cis-RA but not that of RARgamma...
- Antagonist analogue of 6-[3'-(1-adamantyl)-4'-hydroxyphenyl]-2-naphthalenecarboxylic acid (AHPN) family of apoptosis inducers that effectively blocks AHPN-induced apoptosis but not cell-cycle arrestMarcia I Dawson
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Med Chem 47:3518-36. 2004..As a result, the position of RARgamma helix H12 in forming the coactivator-binding site was impacted in a manner consistent with the experimental effect of each analogue on RARgamma transcriptional activation...
- Regulation of retinoic acid receptor beta expression by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligands in cancer cellsSharon Y James
Cancer Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cancer Res 63:3531-8. 2003....
- Induction of retinoic acid receptor-beta suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 expression in esophageal cancer cellsMing Li
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 21:411-8. 2002..Our data demonstrated that anticancer effect of RAR-beta may be related to its ability to suppress COX-2 expression and support that the loss of RAR-beta expression may contribute to esophageal carcinogenesis...
- Nicotine modulates the effects of retinoids on growth inhibition and RAR beta expression in lung cancer cellsGuo quan Chen
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Int J Cancer 99:171-8. 2002....
- Discovery and design of retinoic acid receptor and retinoid X receptor class- and subtype-selective synthetic analogs of all-trans-retinoic acid and 9-cis-retinoic acidMarcia I Dawson
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular Medicine Research Institute, Mountain View, La Jolla, CA 94043, USA
Curr Med Chem 9:623-37. 2002....
- Regulation of retinoic acid-induced inhibition of AP-1 activity by orphan receptor chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factorFeng Lin
Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21414-22. 2002..Thus, COUP-TF, through its physical interaction with AP-1, promotes anticancer effects of retinoids by potentiating their anti-AP-1 activity...
- Mass-spectrometric analysis of agonist-induced retinoic acid receptor gamma conformational changeValerie J Peterson
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, U S A
Biochem J 362:173-81. 2002..This technique should be generally applicable to other members of the nuclear receptor superfamily that undergo an induced structural alteration upon agonist or antagonist binding, DNA binding and/or protein-protein interaction...
- The R-enantiomer of the nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug etodolac binds retinoid X receptor and induces tumor-selective apoptosisSiva Kumar Kolluri
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2525-30. 2005..These results document that pharmacologic antagonism of RXRalpha transactivation is achievable and can have profound inhibitory effects in cancer development...