John L Young
Affiliation: The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- The integral role of pastoral counseling by African-American clergy in community mental healthJohn L Young
Whiting Forensic Division, Connecticut Valley Hospital, PO Box 70, Middletown, CT 06457, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:688-92. 2003..The authors interviewed the pastors of nearly all African-American churches in a metropolitan area about their pastoral counseling work and related aspects of their ministry...
- Commentary: refusing to give up on forensic researchJohn L Young
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 33:368-70. 2005..Additional models to consider include a centralized Institutional Review Board, study coordinators, and services researchers. Research needs to be done on the regulation of forensic research...
- Commentary: further points for dialogue on the death penalty, the church, and our professionJohn L Young
Connecticut Valley Hospital, Whiting Maximum Secure Service, PO Box 70, Middletown, CT 06457
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:482-4. 2008..The astonishing power of the spoken word should be harnessed by cooperative dialogue to focus its consequences more sharply on the demands of justice. We need dialogue to attend faithfully to our deepest obligations and longings...
- Ethics in forensic psychiatry publishingReena Kapoor
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 39:332-41. 2011..We conclude by using the principles identified in the practical resolution of ethics dilemmas to derive a conceptual foundation for ethics in forensic psychiatry publishing...
- Clergy counselors and confidentiality: a case for scrutinyEzra E H Griffith
Law and Psychiatry Division, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 25 Park Street, 6th Floor, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 32:43-50. 2004....
- Commentary: It's about the fundamentalsJohn L Young
Whiting Forensic Division, Connecticut Valley Hospital, Box 70, Middletown, CT 06457, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 34:479-81. 2006..Some experts have even gone so far as to allege that all existing rules of medical ethics are baseless statements and thus cannot bind anyone. Forensic psychiatrists' continuing contributions to this debate are critical...
- Instilling hope into forensic treatment: the antidote to despair and desperationMarc Hillbrand
Department of Psychiatry, Connecticut Valley Hospital, Box 351, Middletown, CT 06457, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:90-4. 2008....
- Social contexts influence ethical considerations of researchJudith B Gordon
Yale University School of Medicine, 31 Beach Point Drive, Milford, CT 06460, USA
Am J Bioeth 11:24-30. 2011..Benefits of such considerations may include enhanced subject satisfaction and cooperation, community acceptance, and improved data quality, among other desirable consequences...