Donn C Young
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Holidays, birthdays, and postponement of cancer deathDonn C Young
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Center for Biostatistics, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
JAMA 292:3012-6. 2004....
- Long-term results of a multimodal intensification regimen for previously untreated advanced resectable squamous cell cancer of the oral cavity, oropharynx, or hypopharynxEnver Ozer
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Laryngoscope 116:607-12. 2006..Long-term disease control of an intensified treatment regimen for previously untreated stage III and IV resectable oral cavity, oropharyngeal, or hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma was analyzed...
- A phase I trial of paclitaxel and trastuzumab in combination with interleukin-12 in patients with HER2/neu-expressing malignanciesTanios S Bekaii-Saab
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2983-91. 2009..IL-12 in combination with trastuzumab and paclitaxel therefore exhibits an acceptable toxicity profile and has activity in patients with HER2-overexpressing cancers...
- Psychologic intervention improves survival for breast cancer patients: a randomized clinical trialBarbara L Andersen
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1222, USA
Cancer 113:3450-8. 2008..A randomized clinical trial tested the hypothesis that cancer patients coping with their recent diagnosis but receiving a psychologic intervention would have improved survival compared with patients who were only assessed...
- A prospective pilot clinical trial evaluating the utility of a dynamic near-infrared imaging device for characterizing suspicious breast lesionsRonald X Xu
Biomedical Engineering Department, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R88. 2007..The currently available application of near-infrared imaging technology for the breast, however, is compromised by low spatial resolution, tissue heterogeneity, and interpatient variation...
- Multimodal intensification regimens for advanced, resectable, previously untreated squamous cell cancer of the oral cavity, oropharynx, or hypopharynx: a 12-year experienceDavid E Schuller
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:320-6. 2007..To determine the feasibility of, compliance with, and long-term survival with intensification treatment regimens for patients with advanced, resectable, previously untreated head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Pilot study of rosiglitazone therapy in women with breast cancer: effects of short-term therapy on tumor tissue and serum markersLisa D Yee
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:246-52. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that PPARgamma ligand therapy might inhibit tumor growth and progression in human breast cancer...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy results in less postoperative morbidity compared with axillary lymph node dissection for breast cancerWilliam E Burak
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Ohio State University, N914 Doan Hall, 410 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Surg 183:23-7. 2002..This study was designed to compare the postoperative morbidity and socioeconomic impact of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) with axillary lymph node dissection (ALND) in patients with early stage breast cancer...
- Dietary (n-3) polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit HER-2/neu-induced breast cancer in mice independently of the PPARgamma ligand rosiglitazoneLisa D Yee
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Nutr 135:983-8. 2005..Further studies focusing on the mechanisms by which (n-3) fatty acids suppress HER-2/neu signaling pathways involved in the pathogenesis of breast cancer are warranted...
- Phase 1 and pharmacodynamic studies of G3139, a Bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide, in combination with chemotherapy in refractory or relapsed acute leukemiaGuido Marcucci
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Blood 101:425-32. 2003..The encouraging clinical and laboratory results justify the current plans for a phase 3 study in previously untreated high-risk AML (ie, age at least 60 years)...
- Effect of static magnetic field exposure of up to 8 Tesla on sequential human vital sign measurementsDonald W Chakeres
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 18:346-52. 2003..To determine if increasing static magnetic field strength exposures up to 8 Tesla (T) affect vital signs or electrocardiograms (ECGs) in normal human volunteers...
- Multimodal intensification therapy for previously untreated advanced resectable squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, or hypopharynxDavid E Schuller
Department of Otolaryngology, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer 94:3169-78. 2002..An intensified treatment regimen for previously untreated Stage III and IV resectable oral cavity, oropharyngeal, or hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma was analyzed to assess disease control, patient compliance, and toxicity...
- A phase I study of interleukin 12 with trastuzumab in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor-2-overexpressing malignancies: analysis of sustained interferon gamma production in a subset of patientsRobin Parihar
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Arthur G. James Comprehensive Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5027-37. 2004..Given the small sample size and heterogeneity of the patient population, the effects of IL-12 on the innate immune response to trastuzumab therapy should be further explored in the context of a larger clinical trial...
- Re-emphasizing the concept of adequacy of intraoperative assessment of the axillary sentinel lymph nodes for identifying nodal positivity during breast cancer surgeryStephen P Povoski
Section of Surgical Oncology of the Department of Surgery, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
World J Surg Oncol 5:18. 2007..The aim of the current study was to assess when metastatic disease was first identified within consecutively harvested SLN candidates for invasive breast cancers demonstrating a positive SLN...
- A dose-finding and pharmacodynamic study of bortezomib in combination with weekly paclitaxel in patients with advanced solid tumorsBhuvaneswari Ramaswamy
The Ohio State University, B401, Starling Loving Hall, 320 W 10th av, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:151-8. 2010..A phase I study to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of bortezomib (B) when combined with weekly paclitaxel in patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Patterns of recurrence after sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancerBrian D Badgwell
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital, and Richard J. Solove Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:376-80. 2003..This supports the use of SLNB as the sole axillary staging procedure in SLN-negative patients...
- Prospective randomized clinical trial comparing intradermal, intraparenchymal, and subareolar injection routes for sentinel lymph node mapping and biopsy in breast cancerStephen P Povoski
Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1412-21. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare localization by ID, IP, and SA injection routes based on preoperative lymphoscintigraphy and intraoperative identification...
- Phase I study of the sequential combination of interleukin-12 and interferon alfa-2b in advanced cancer: evidence for modulation of interferon signaling pathways by interleukin-12Charles F Eisenbeis
Division of Hematology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8835-44. 2005..38, P = .021). CONCLUSION: The combination of rhIL-12 and IFN-alpha-2b can be administered sequentially with minimal toxicity. IV administration of rhIL-12 modulates IFN-alpha-induced Jak-STAT signal transduction in patient PBMCs...
- Comparison of intraoperative frozen section analysis for sentinel lymph node biopsy during breast cancer surgery for invasive lobular carcinoma and invasive ductal carcinomaJames W Horvath
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
World J Surg Oncol 7:34. 2009..In the current report, we present a comparison of intraoperative frozen section analysis for confirming the presence of metastatic disease within SLNs during breast cancer surgery for ILC and IDC...
- Synergistic interactions between imatinib mesylate and the novel phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 inhibitor OSU-03012 in overcoming imatinib mesylate resistancePing-Hui Tseng
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 336 L. M. Parks Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 105:4021-7. 2005..This synergistic action was, at least in part, mediated through the concerted effect on phospho-Akt. Together these data provide a novel therapeutic strategy to overcome imatinib mesylate resistance, especially with the Abl mutant T315I...
- Perioperative (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose-guided imaging using the becquerel as a quantitative measure for optimizing surgical resection in patients with advanced malignancyDouglas A Murrey
Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Surg 198:834-40. 2009..Herein, we evaluate the becquerel (Bq) as a potential novel quantitative PET measure for application of surgical specimen imaging...
- A chimeric multi-human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 B cell epitope peptide vaccine mediates superior antitumor responsesNaveen K Dakappagari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 170:4242-53. 2003..Peptide Abs targeting specific sites in the extracellular domain may be used for exploring the oncoprotein's functions. The multiepitope vaccine may have potential application in the treatment of HER-2-associated cancers...
- Poor prognosis for biomarkersDonn C Young
Ann Surg Oncol 14:270. 2007