Gene Wei Ming Yeo
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Splicing regulators: targets and drugsGene Wei Ming Yeo
Crick Jacobs Center for Computational and Theoretical Biology, The Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Genome Biol 6:240. 2005....
- Discovery and analysis of evolutionarily conserved intronic splicing regulatory elementsGene W Yeo
Crick Jacobs Center for Theoretical and Computational Biology, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e85. 2007..Our results demonstrate that ISREs are crucial building blocks in understanding general and tissue-specific AS regulation and the biological pathways and functions regulated by these AS events...
- Alternative splicing events identified in human embryonic stem cells and neural progenitorsGene W Yeo
Crick Jacobs Center for Theoretical and Computational Biology, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 3:1951-67. 2007..In summary, a new methodology for exon array analysis was introduced, leading to new insights into the complexity of AS in human embryonic stem cells and their transition to neural stem cells...
- An RNA code for the FOX2 splicing regulator revealed by mapping RNA-protein interactions in stem cellsGene W Yeo
Crick Jacobs Center for Theoretical and Computational Biology, Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:130-7. 2009..These findings suggest that FOX2 functions as a critical regulator of a splicing network, and we further show that FOX2 is important for the survival of human embryonic stem cells...
- Determination of tag density required for digital transcriptome analysis: application to an androgen-sensitive prostate cancer modelHairi Li
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0651, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20179-84. 2008..This study provides a general guide for analysis of gene expression and alternative splicing by deep sequencing...
- Multiple layers of molecular controls modulate self-renewal and neuronal lineage specification of embryonic stem cellsGene W Yeo
Laboratory of Genetics, Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:R67-75. 2008..An integrative view of the different levels will hopefully provide much needed insight into understanding stem cell biology...
- Hippocampus-dependent learning is associated with adult neurogenesis in MRL/MpJ miceSandrine Thuret
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Hippocampus 19:658-69. 2009..Together, these results suggest that adult neurogenesis is correlated with spatial learning and visual recognition learning, possibly by modulating morphological plasticity in the dentate gyrus...
- L1 retrotransposition in human neural progenitor cellsNicole G Coufal
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 460:1127-31. 2009..These data suggest that de novo L1 retrotransposition events may occur in the human brain and, in principle, have the potential to contribute to individual somatic mosaicism...
- Transcriptional signature and memory retention of human-induced pluripotent stem cellsMaria C N Marchetto
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Laboratory of Genetics, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7076. 2009..Moreover, the episomal reprogramming strategy represents a safe way to generate human iPSCs for clinical purposes and basic research...
- A distinct microRNA signature for definitive endoderm derived from human embryonic stem cellsAndrew Hinton
Pediatric Diabetes Research Center, Stem Cell Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:797-807. 2010..Examination of potential mRNA targets showed that TIMM8A is repressed by ectopic miR-375 expression in pluripotent hESCs...
- Comprehensive discovery of endogenous Argonaute binding sites in Caenorhabditis elegansDimitrios G Zisoulis
Department of Biology, Stem Cell Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:173-9. 2010..Furthermore, our analyses revealed a striking enrichment of Argonaute binding sites in genes important for miRNA function, suggesting an autoregulatory role that may confer robustness to the miRNA pathway...