Melissa S Xanthopoulos
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- The association between weight loss in caregivers and adolescents in a treatment trial of adolescents with obesityMelissa S Xanthopoulos
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 38:766-74. 2013..The relationship between weight change in caregivers and their adolescents was evaluated following a randomized trial of lifestyle modification for adolescents, which included either a conventional diet or meal replacements...
- The impact of weight, sex, and race/ethnicity on body dissatisfaction among urban childrenMelissa S Xanthopoulos
Department of Child Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Body Image 8:385-9. 2011..Results highlight the strong need for additional research so that more definitive conclusions may be drawn regarding the development of body image among diverse groups of children...
- Meal replacements in the treatment of adolescent obesity: a randomized controlled trialRobert I Berkowitz
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1193-9. 2011..Across groups, mean reduction in BMI from baseline to month 12 was 3.4 ± 0.7% (P < 0.01). Use of MR significantly improved short-term weight loss, compared with CD, but its continued use did not improve maintenance of lost weight...
- Threshold for improvement in insulin sensitivity with adolescent weight lossPamela Abrams
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr 163:785-90. 2013....
- Treatment of adolescent obesity comparing self-guided and group lifestyle modification programs: a potential model for primary careRobert I Berkowitz
MD, The Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3440 Market Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 38:978-86. 2013..17% (0.99%) decrease in the Self-Guided LMP (p = 0.92). Both treatments were significantly effective in reducing body mass index. Given its brevity, the Self-Guided LMP offers an innovative approach for primary care. ..
- Maintenance of weight loss in adolescents: current status and future directionsMeghan L Butryn
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Obes 2010:789280. 2010..More research is needed on the management of adolescent obesity, which has been overlooked when compared with research on the treatment of obesity in children and adults...