Henry K Wong
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Novel biomarkers, dysregulated epigenetics, and therapy in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaHenry K Wong
Division of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Gahanna, OH 43230, USA
Discov Med 16:71-8. 2013..This is supported by the efficacy of evolving therapeutic strategies that modulate gene regulation, such as HDAC inhibitors and methylation inhibitors in the treatment of this group of cancers. ..
- Evolving insights in the pathogenesis and therapy of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (mycosis fungoides and Sezary syndrome)Henry K Wong
Division of Dermatology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43221, USA
Br J Haematol 155:150-66. 2011..This review summarizes the clinical epidemiology, staging and natural history of MF and SS; discusses the immunopathogenesis of MF and the functional role of the malignant T-cells; and reviews the latest advances in MF and SS treatment...
- Impaired proteasome function activates GATA3 in T cells and upregulates CTLA-4: relevance for Sézary syndromeHeather M Gibson
Division of Dermatology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:249-57. 2013..We also demonstrate the requirement of the GATA3/CTLA-4 regulatory pathway in fresh neoplastic CD4+ T cells. Targeting of this pathway may be beneficial in SS and other CTLA-4-overexpressing T-cell neoplasms...
- Promoter methylation regulates SAMHD1 gene expression in human CD4+ T cellsSuresh de Silva
Center for Retrovirus Research, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The OhioState University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 288:9284-92. 2013..SAMHD1 expression was induced in CD4(+) T cell lines by blocking DNA methyltransferase activity, suggesting that promoter methylation is one of the key epigenetic mechanisms by which SAMHD1 expression is regulated...
- Remission of psoriasis after allogeneic, but not autologous, hematopoietic stem-cell transplantationBenjamin H Kaffenberger
Dermatology, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43216, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:489-92. 2013..Of these, 5 of 6 developed a recurrence of their psoriasis within 2 years. Based on a limited number of patients, psoriasis is likely to remit after allogeneic HSCT, but it is likely to recur after autologous HSCT...