Ian R Wickersham
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Retrograde neuronal tracing with a deletion-mutant rabies virusIan R Wickersham
Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Methods 4:47-9. 2007..The cells therefore fluoresce intensely, revealing fine dendritic and axonal structure with no background from partially or faintly labeled cells...
- Monosynaptic restriction of transsynaptic tracing from single, genetically targeted neuronsIan R Wickersham
Systems Neurobiology, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuron 53:639-47. 2007..This technology should enable a far more detailed understanding of neural connectivity than has previously been possible...
- Monosynaptic circuit tracing in vivo through Cre-dependent targeting and complementation of modified rabies virusNicholas R Wall
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21848-53. 2010..Furthermore, by expressing various transgenes from the rabies genome, this system also has the potential to allow manipulation of targeted neuronal circuits without perturbing neighboring cells...
- Transgenically targeted rabies virus demonstrates a major monosynaptic projection from hippocampal area CA2 to medial entorhinal layer II neuronsDavid C Rowland
University of Oregon, Institute of Neuroscience, Eugene, Oregon 97403, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology, La Jolla, California 92037, and Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience and Centre for Neural Computation, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
J Neurosci 33:14889-98. 2013..We confirmed this unexpected result using conventional tracing techniques in both rats and mice. ..
- Retrograde tracing with recombinant rabies virus reveals correlations between projection targets and dendritic architecture in layer 5 of mouse barrel cortexDeLaine D Larsen
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Neurosciences Graduate Program, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Front Neural Circuits 1:5. 2007..These differences were revealed by the ability to completely label dendritic and axonal arbors in vivo and have not been apparent in previous studies using labeling in brain slices...