David A Webb
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Lessons learned from the Philadelphia Collaborative Preterm Prevention Project: the prevalence of risk factors and program participation rates among women in the intervention groupDavid A Webb
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, National Children s Study Center, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:368. 2014....
- Barriers to women's participation in inter-conceptional care: a cross-sectional analysisVijaya K Hogan
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Public Health 12:93. 2012..We describe participation rates in a special interconceptional care program that addressed all commonly known barriers to care, and identify predictors of the observed levels of participation in this preventive care service...
- Incident smoking during pregnancy and the postpartum period in a low-income urban populationDavid A Webb
Department of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market St, Ste 880, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Public Health Rep 126:50-9. 2011..We determined the prevalence of first lifetime use of cigarettes during pregnancy or in the early postpartum period (incident smoking) and identified sociodemographic and health-related characteristics of incident smokers...
- Recruitment and retention of women in a large randomized control trial to reduce repeat preterm births: the Philadelphia Collaborative Preterm Prevention ProjectDavid A Webb
Department of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:88. 2010..Data are reported for the Philadelphia Collaborative Preterm Prevention Project (PCPPP), a large RCT targeting risk factors for repeat preterm births among women who previously delivered premature (< 35 weeks gestation) infants...
- Estimating prevalence of overweight and obesity at the neighborhood level: the value of maternal height and weight data available on birth certificate recordsDavid A Webb
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Popul Health Metr 8:16. 2010..To determine the value of maternal height and weight data on birth certificate records when estimating prevalence of overweight and obese adults at the neighborhood level...
- Hospital admission rates for a racially diverse low-income cohort of patients with diabetes: the Urban Diabetes StudyJessica M Robbins
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Ambulatory Health Services, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1260-4. 2006..We sought to determine the frequency and costs of hospitalization and to assess possible racial/ethnic disparities in a large cohort of low-income patients with diabetes who had received primary care at municipal health clinics...
- Subjective social status and maternal health in a low income urban populationErika Fitzpatrick Dennis
Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:834-43. 2012..This has important implications for the interpretation of findings in empirical studies which seek to control for the effects of SES on maternal health outcomes...
- Perceived discrimination and depressive symptoms, smoking, and recent alcohol use in pregnancyIan M Bennett
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth 37:90-7. 2010..We aimed to determine whether perceived discrimination was associated with these important targets of maternal health care among low-income pregnant women...
- Do public health clinics reduce rehospitalizations?: the urban diabetes studyJessica M Robbins
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Division of Ambulatory Services, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:562-73. 2008..Enrollment in publicly-funded safety-net health clinics may have prevented rehospitalizations for some vulnerable patients with diabetes...
- Beyond marital status: the quality of the mother-father relationship and its influence on reproductive health behaviors and outcomes among unmarried low income pregnant womenJoan Rosen Bloch
College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:726-34. 2010..Further research is needed to understand the complex interplay of individual, social and environmental factors promoting or hindering stable and supportive partner relationships among socially disadvantaged populations of pregnant women...
- Nutritionist visits, diabetes classes, and hospitalization rates and charges: the Urban Diabetes StudyJessica M Robbins
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Division of Ambulatory Health Services, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Diabetes Care 31:655-60. 2008....
- Pregnancy intention and contraceptive use at six months postpartum among women with recent preterm deliveryJoan Rosen Bloch
College of Nursing and Health Professions and School of Public Health, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 41:389-97. 2012..To describe pregnancy intention and contraceptive use among women with a recent delivery that occurred at 35 weeks gestation or fewer and who were enrolled in a large-scale randomized control trial...
- Postpartum physical symptoms in new mothers: their relationship to functional limitations and emotional well-beingDavid A Webb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Birth 35:179-87. 2008..The purpose of this investigation was to explore the associations among reported physical symptoms, functional limitations, and emotional well-being of postpartum women...
- Neighborhood poverty, mortality rates, and excess deaths among African Americans: Philadelphia 1999-2001Jessica M Robbins
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:530-7. 2004....
- Diagnosing diabetes and preventing rehospitalizations: the urban diabetes studyJessica M Robbins
From the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Ambulatory Health Services, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Med Care 44:292-6. 2006..Patients with diabetes frequently are hospitalized, and quality of inpatient care for diabetes is of great concern. Rehospitalization after hospital discharge is a frequent adverse outcome experienced by patients with diabetes...
- Nighttime call in house vs. out of house: a comparison of obstetric procedure ratesJay Goldberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Reprod Med 49:143-7. 2004..To evaluate the effect of in-house vs. out-of-house nighttime call coverage on obstetric practice...
- Prevalence of episodic homelessness among adult childbearing women in Philadelphia, PADavid A Webb
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1895-6. 2003
- Cardiovascular comorbidities among public health clinic patients with diabetes: the Urban Diabetics StudyJessica M Robbins
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, 500 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, USA
BMC Public Health 5:15. 2005..We sought to determine the frequency and distribution of cardiovascular comorbidities in a large cohort of low-income patients with diabetes who had received primary care for diabetes at municipal health clinics...