Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- The transcriptional coactivators p/CIP and SRC-1 control insulin resistance through IRS1 in obesity modelsZhiyong Wang
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36961. 2012..Therefore, our studies indicate that p/CIP and SRC-1 are potential therapeutic targets not only for obesity but also for diabetes...
- Critical roles of the p160 transcriptional coactivators p/CIP and SRC-1 in energy balanceZhiyong Wang
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cell Metab 3:111-22. 2006..They exhibit increased basal metabolic rates and heightened levels of physical activity. Therefore, p/CIP and SRC-1 play critical roles in energy balance by controlling both energy intake and energy expenditure...
- Inappropriate activation of the TSC/Rheb/mTOR/S6K cassette induces IRS1/2 depletion, insulin resistance, and cell survival deficienciesO Jameel Shah
Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Biol 14:1650-6. 2004..Our results suggest that inappropriate activation of the Rheb/mTOR/S6K pathway imposes a negative feedback program to attenuate IRS-dependent processes such as cell survival...
- Downregulation of caveolin-1 function by EGF leads to the loss of E-cadherin, increased transcriptional activity of beta-catenin, and enhanced tumor cell invasionZhimin Lu
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cancer Cell 4:499-515. 2003..We propose that EGF-induced negative regulation of caveolin-1 plays a central role in the complex cellular changes leading to metastasis...
- Gap junction remodeling and cardiac arrhythmogenesis in a murine model of oculodentodigital dysplasiaNellie Kalcheva
Leon H Charney Division of Cardiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20512-6. 2007..In summary, our data demonstrate that the I130T mutation interferes with Cx43 posttranslational processing, resulting in diminished cell-cell coupling, slowing of impulse propagation, and a proarrhythmic substrate...
- Microsatellite-centromere mapping in large yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena crocea) using gynogenetic diploid familiesYiyun Li
The Key Laboratory of Science and Technology for Aquaculture and Food Safety of Fujian Province University, Fisheries College, Jimei University, Xiamen, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 10:83-90. 2008..The average recombination frequency was 0.586. Ten loci showed high M-C recombination with frequency greater than 0.67. M-C distances provide useful information for gene mapping in large yellow croaker...
- Structure-guided optimization of small molecules inhibiting human immunodeficiency virus 1 Tat association with the human coactivator p300/CREB binding protein-associated factorChongfeng Pan
J Med Chem 50:2285-8. 2007....
- Selective small molecules blocking HIV-1 Tat and coactivator PCAF associationLei Zeng
Structural Biology Program, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:2376-7. 2005....
- Lithium activates the Wnt and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase Akt signaling pathways to promote cell survival in the absence of soluble survival factorsDiviya Sinha
Renal Section, Evans Biomedical Research Center, Rm 546, 650 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F703-13. 2005..Extracellular IGF-II serves as an autocrine survival factor that is responsible, in part, for activating the anti-apoptotic phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-Akt pathway during serum deprivation...
- The neural crest is contiguous with the cardiac conduction system in the mouse embryo: a role in induction?Robert E Poelmann
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 62, PO 9602, Leiden, The Netherlands
Anat Embryol (Berl) 208:389-93. 2004..The contiguous expression of both reporters is suggestive for a potential role of cardiac NCC in the induction of the final differentiation of the CCS...
- Pituitary tumor transforming gene-null male mice exhibit impaired pancreatic beta cell proliferation and diabetesZhiyong Wang
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3428-32. 2003..PTTG-/- beta cells had pleiotropic nuclei, suggesting defects in cell division. The results indicated that securin is indispensable for normal pancreatic beta cell proliferation...
- Chemical anoxia of tubular cells induces activation of c-Src and its translocation to the zonula adherensDiviya Sinha
Renal Section, Evans Biomedical Research Center, Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F488-97. 2003..Our findings suggest that these events contribute to the loss of the epithelial barrier function associated with chemical anoxia...