J Michael Walsh
Affiliation: The Walsh Group
- An evaluation of rapid point-of-collection oral fluid drug-testing devicesJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group P A, 6701 Democracy Blvd Suite 300, Bethesda, Maryland 20817, USA
J Anal Toxicol 27:429-39. 2003..The ability to accurately and reliably detect cocaine and amphetamine was dependent on the individual device...
- Use of alcohol and drugs by Norwegian employees: a pilot study using questionnaires and analysis of oral fluidHallvard Gjerde
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Pb 4404 Nydalen, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Occup Med Toxicol 5:13. 2010..The use of alcohol and drugs may affect workplace safety and productivity. Little is known about the magnitude of this problem in Norway...
- Guidelines for research on drugged drivingJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, PA, Bethesda, MD, USA
Addiction 103:1258-68. 2008..A set of standards to harmonize research findings is sorely needed. This project was initiated by several international organizations to develop guidelines for research on drugged driving...
- New technology and new initiatives in U.S. workplace testingJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, 6701 Democracy Blvd, Suite 300, Bethesda, MD, USA
Forensic Sci Int 174:120-4. 2008..Finally, efforts to reach out and assist small businesses in the development of workplace anti-drug programs are discussed in the context of increasing workplace programs in the European Union...
- Drug and alcohol use among drivers admitted to a Level-1 trauma centerJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, PA, Suite 300, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Accid Anal Prev 37:894-901. 2005..Of the patients with positive toxicology results, less than half (42%) were referred for evaluation for substance abuse disorders...
- Epidemiology of alcohol and other drug use among motor vehicle crash victims admitted to a trauma centerJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, PA, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 5:254-60. 2004..Point of collection (POC) test results correlated well with laboratory results and provide important information to initiate rapid intervention/treatment for substance use problems among injured patients...
- Drugs and drivingJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group, P A, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 5:241-53. 2004....
- Evaluation of ten oral fluid point-of-collection drug-testing devicesJ Michael Walsh
The Walsh Group P A, 6701 Democracy Blvd, Suite 300, Bethesda, Maryland 20817, USA
J Anal Toxicol 31:44-54. 2007....
- Laboratory evaluation and field application of roadside oral fluid collectors and drug testing devicesDennis J Crouch
Research and Development, Ameritox, Ltd, Midland, TX 79705, USA
Ther Drug Monit 30:188-95. 2008..6%, and 99.6%, respectively, for amphetamine(s), cocaine, opiates, and cannabinoids. Drugwipe failed to meet the study criteria for acceptable device performance, required performance sensitivities, and specificities 90% or greater...
- A field evaluation of five on-site drug-testing devicesDennis J Crouch
Center for Human Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
J Anal Toxicol 26:493-9. 2002..When additional drugs were included in the confirmation testing, it was concluded that the on-site urine analysis drug-testing results were useful in DUI investigations...
- Relationships between urinalysis testing for substance use, medical expenditures, and the occurrence of injuries at a large manufacturing firmRonald J Ozminkowski
The MEDSTAT Group, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 29:151-67. 2003..Hopefully the results of this study will inform the policy debate over drug testing by focusing on real data, as opposed to supposition or political considerations that seem to dominate many discussions...
- WEB-BASED DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE DEVELOPMENTJ Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, we intend to develop a mechanism to evaluate the use of the website and utilize the information to demonstrate the feasibility and commercial viability of the concept. ..