Gail T Tominaga
Affiliation: The Queen's Medical Center
- Toll of methamphetamine on the trauma systemGail T Tominaga
Department of Surgery, The Queen s Medical Center, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, USA
Arch Surg 139:844-7. 2004..Methamphetamine use affects length of hospital stay in the minimally injured patient...
- Cutaneous melanoma in a multiethnic population: is this a different disease?Daphne E Hemmings
Department of Surgery, John A Burns School of Medicine and the Prevention and Control Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu 96813, USA
Arch Surg 139:968-72; discussion 972-73. 2004..Cutaneous melanoma in nonwhite persons has a manifestation and a prognosis that are different than those of cutaneous melanoma in white persons...
- The utility of seat belt signs to predict intra-abdominal injury following motor vehicle crashesVishal Bansal
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8896, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 10:567-72. 2009....
- Injury patterns in frontal crashes: the association between knee-thigh-hip (KTH) and serious intra-abdominal injuryJeanne Lee
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Accid Anal Prev 42:50-5. 2010..These results may be useful to motor vehicle manufacturers and others who design and test motor vehicle safety systems...
- The influence of vehicle damage on injury severity of drivers in head-on motor vehicle crashesCarol Conroy
Department of Surgery, County of San Diego Emergency Medical Services, University of California San Diego, 6255 Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Accid Anal Prev 40:1589-94. 2008..Our study supports that the type of damage distribution across the frontal plane may be an important crash characteristic to consider when studying drivers injured in head-on motor vehicle crashes...
- Practice patterns and outcomes of retrievable vena cava filters in trauma patients: an AAST multicenter studyRiyad Karmy-Jones
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Trauma 62:17-24; discussion 24-5. 2007..The purpose of this study is to describe practice patterns and outcomes of posttraumatic retrievable inferior vena caval filters (R-IVCF)...