Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Effect of passive smoke exposure on general anesthesia for pediatric dental patientsS Thikkurissy
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH, USA
Anesth Prog 59:143-6. 2012..0001) despite not having significantly more dental caries (P = .38) or longer procedure times. ETS is a poor indicator of post-general anesthesia respiratory morbidity in children being treated for early childhood caries...
- Waiting for the pain to get worse: characteristics of a pediatric population with acute dental painS Thikkurissy
Inpatient Dental Services, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Nationwide Children s Hospital Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Dent 34:289-94. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine how acute dental pain in children is managed...
- The comparative morbidities of acute dental pain and acute asthma on quality of life in childrenS Thikkurissy
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Dent 34:e77-80. 2012..The purpose of this prospective cross-section survey study was to examine the comparative burden of acute exacerbations of the two most common chronic illnesses of childhood: acute dental pain and acute asthma...
- Buccal bifurcation cyst in a 7-year-old: surgical management and 14-month follow-upS Thikkurissy
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Periodontol 81:442-6. 2010..Histopathologic features are non-specific and closely resemble other inflammatory odontogenic cysts. The aim of this article is to report a case of a BBC and to review the management of such lesions...
- Rethinking the role of community-based clinical education in pediatric dentistryS Thikkurissy
Section of Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
J Dent Educ 72:662-8. 2008..We conclude that community-based dental clinical education presents an opportunity to enhance pediatric predoctoral student clinical experiences in both quantity and diversity...
- Concordance and contrast between community-based physicians' and dentist anesthesiologists' history and physicals in outpatient pediatric dental surgerySarat Thikkurissy
Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Anesth Prog 55:35-9. 2008..The physician H&P altered course of anesthesia treatment in <1% of studied cases. Statistically significant deficiencies were noted in the physician H&P in 60% of categories...
- Should fear of malpractice dissuade dentists from caring for children?Sarat Thikkurissy
Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:271-5. 2008..The purpose of this report was to examine characteristics of malpractice allegations related to dentistry for children from the National Practitioner Databank (NPDB) from February 1, 2004 to November 22, 2006...
- The impact of oral health on the quality of life of young patients with congenital cardiac diseaseMarcio A da Fonseca
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry and Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Cardiol Young 19:252-6. 2009..012). Our findings indicate that it is of paramount importance that cardiologists and their associated staff educate patients and families about oral health and other issues associated with congenital cardiac disease...
- Pulpotomy to stainless steel crown ratio in children with early childhood caries: a cross-sectional analysisSarat Thikkurissy
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, USA
Pediatr Dent 33:496-500. 2011..This study's purpose was to determine the pulpotomy-to-crown ratio (PCR) in a high-early childhood caries patient population and factors associated with choice of pulpotomy and crown treatments...
- Continued care of children seen in an emergency department for dental traumaDavid Gustafson
Division of Pediatric Dentistry and Community Oral Health, The College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Dent 33:426-30. 2011..The purpose of this retrospective study was to determine the rate of continuing care for dental trauma patients seen after-hours in a hospital emergency department (ED) and identify predictors for and barriers to seeking continuing care...
- Association between early childhood caries and behavior as measured by the Child Behavior ChecklistRobert Williamson
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Detroit Mercy Dental School, Detroit, Mich, USA
Pediatr Dent 30:505-9. 2008..This study's purpose was to use a standardized behavioral assessment instrument to compare the observed behavior of caries-free (CF) with caries-active (CA) children requiring restoration under general anesthesia (GA)...
- Rapid treatment reduces hospitalization for pediatric patients with odontogenic-based cellulitisSarat Thikkurissy
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Department of Dentistry, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Emerg Med 28:668-72. 2010....
- Beyond the dmft: the human and economic cost of early childhood cariesPaul S Casamassimo
Department of Dentistry, Nationwide Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 140:650-7. 2009..This report describes morbidity and mortality associated with ECC and its treatment...
- Oral health burden in children with systemic diseasesS Thikkurissy
Pediatric Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
Dent Clin North Am 53:351-7, xi. 2009..Topics include the parent as caregiver, children who have cerebral palsy, juvenile arthritis, developmental delay, and organ diseases...