Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- C-end rule peptides mediate neuropilin-1-dependent cell, vascular, and tissue penetrationTambet Teesalu
Vascular Mapping Center, The Burnham Institute for Medical Research at University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16157-62. 2009..The peptides were able to take payloads up to the nanoparticle size scale deep into extravascular tissue. Our observations have implications in drug delivery and penetration of tissue barriers and tumors...
- Mapping of vascular ZIP codes by phage displayTambet Teesalu
Center for Nanomedicine, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute at UCSB, Santa Barbara, California, USA
Methods Enzymol 503:35-56. 2012..We focus on T7 coliphage platform that our lab prefers to use due to its versatility, physical resemblance of phage particles to clinical nanoparticles, and ease of manipulation...
- Coadministration of a tumor-penetrating peptide enhances the efficacy of cancer drugsKazuki N Sugahara
Vascular Mapping Laboratory, Center for Nanomedicine, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute at University of California at Santa Barbara, Biology II Building, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9610, USA
Science 328:1031-5. 2010..Thus, coadministration of iRGD may be a valuable way to enhance the efficacy of anticancer drugs while reducing their side effects, a primary goal of cancer therapy research...
- Application of a proapoptotic peptide to intratumorally spreading cancer therapyRenwei Chen
Center for Nanomedicine, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Cancer Res 73:1352-61. 2013..Using iRGD to facilitate the spreading of a therapeutic agent throughout the tumor mass may be a useful adjunct to local therapy for tumors that are surgically inoperable or difficult to treat systemically...
- Tissue-penetrating delivery of compounds and nanoparticles into tumorsKazuki N Sugahara
Vascular Mapping Center, Burnham Institute for Medical Research at UCSB, Biology II Building, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9610, USA
Cancer Cell 16:510-20. 2009..Conjugation to iRGD significantly improved the sensitivity of tumor-imaging agents and enhanced the activity of an antitumor drug...
- Etchable plasmonic nanoparticle probes to image and quantify cellular internalizationGary B Braun
1 Cancer Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA 2 Center for Nanomedicine and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Nat Mater 13:904-11. 2014....
- Reprogramming human retinal pigmented epithelial cells to neurons using recombinant proteinsQirui Hu
Center for Stem Cell Biology and Engineering and Center for Nanomedicine and Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California, USA Cancer Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Stem Cells Transl Med 3:1526-34. 2014..The RPARPAR-mediated delivery of SOX2 alone was sufficient to allow cell lineage reprogramming of both fetal and stem cell-derived RPE cells to become functional neurons. ..
- Selection of phage-displayed peptides on live adherent cells in microfluidic channelsJinpeng Wang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6909-14. 2011..As such microfluidic systems can be used with a wide range of biocombinatorial libraries and tissue types, we believe that our method represents an effective approach toward efficient biomarker discovery from patient samples...