Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Activation of NF-kappaB and inhibition of p53-mediated apoptosis by API2/mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue 1 fusions promote oncogenesisArchontoula Stoffel
Laboratory for Cancer Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 290, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9079-84. 2004..Furthermore, they provide evidence underlying the emerging role of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway in the inhibition of apoptosis...
- Actvation of NF-kappaB by the API2/MALT1 fusions inhibits p53 dependant but not FAS induced apoptosis: a directional link between NF-kappaB and p53Archontoula Stoffel
The Rockefeller University, Laboratory for Cancer Biology, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Cycle 3:1017-20. 2004..Furthermore, we demonstrate that API2/MALT1 mediated NF-kappaB activation does not alter p53 protein levels or subcellular localization suggesting a post-translational or indirect mechanism of p53 deregulation...
- The p73 locus is commonly deleted in non-Hodgkin's lymphomasArchontoula Stoffel
Laboratory for Cancer Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Leuk Res 28:1341-5. 2004..Our results demonstrate a high proportion of p73 locus specific deletions in NHL and suggest that deletion of this locus may play a role in the progression of NHL...
- The NF-kappaB signalling pathway: a therapeutic target in lymphoid malignancies?Archontoula Stoffel
The Rockefeller University, Laboratory for Cancer Biology, 1230 York Avenue, Box 290, New York, NY 10021, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 9:1045-61. 2005....
- Squamous cell carcinoma related oncogene/DCUN1D1 is highly conserved and activated by amplification in squamous cell carcinomasInderpal Sarkaria
Laboratory of Epithelial Cancer Biology, Thoracic Surgery Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Res 66:9437-44. 2006..Collectively, these data suggest that SCCRO is a novel component of the HH signaling pathway involved in the malignant transformation of squamous cell lineage...
- p53 regulates cell survival by inhibiting PIK3CA in squamous cell carcinomasBhuvanesh Singh
Laboratory of Epithelial Cancer Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 16:984-93. 2002..Thus, p53 regulates cell survival by inhibiting the PI3K/AKT prosurvival signal independent of PTEN in epithelial tumors. This inhibition is required for p53-mediated apoptosis in malignant cells...
- Amplification of the 3q26.3 locus is associated with progression to invasive cancer and is a negative prognostic factor in head and neck squamous cell carcinomasBhuvanesh Singh
Laboratory of Epithelial Cancer Biology, The Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Pathol 161:365-71. 2002..6; 95% confidence interval = 1.9 to 29.6). The findings suggest that the 3q copy number status is an important marker for tumor progression and prognostication in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- CIAP1 and the serine protease HTRA2 are involved in a novel p53-dependent apoptosis pathway in mammalsShengkan Jin
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 17:359-67. 2003..These results demonstrate that the mammalian p53 protein may activate apoptosis through a novel pathway functionally similar to that in Drosophila, which involves HTRA2 and subsequent inhibition of CIAP1 by cleavage...