JACK H STEVENS
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Perceived barriers to treatment and psychotherapy attendance in child community mental health centersJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, 899 East Broad, 3rd Floor, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:449-58. 2006..Possible interventions to increase psychotherapy attendance are highlighted...
- Ethnic and regional differences in primary care visits for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJack Stevens
Division of Psychology, Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43213, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 25:318-25. 2004..Ethnic disparities in primary mental health care appear to exist for ADHD and not for other mental disorders pooled together...
- Race/ethnicity and insurance status as factors associated with ADHD treatment patternsJack Stevens
Ohio State University Department of Pediatrics, Division of Psychology, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:88-96. 2005..Implications for expanding childhood health insurance coverage, and for future work on minority mental health care in regard to ADHD, are discussed...
- Empirical evaluation of the generalizability of the sample from the multimodal treatment study for ADHDJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, 899 East Broad Street, 3rd Floor, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:221-32. 2007..On the whole, we found no compelling evidence against the representativeness of the MTA sample, but the limited power from MECA and NHANES may have lead to noteworthy differences between datasets being statistically nonsignificant...
- Sociodemographic and economic comparisons of children prescribed longer-acting versus short-acting stimulant medications for attention deficit hyperactivity disorderJack Stevens
Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy, College of Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 32:430-7. 2005..For the most part, sociodemographic disparities in medication treatment for ADHD do not appear to exist once a diagnosis has been made...
- Sociodemographic differences in diagnosis and treatment of pediatric headacheJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Child Neurol 25:435-40. 2010..Finally, only 37% of the headache visits involved a prescription of an evidence-based medication. The authors conclude that some sociodemographic disparities exist in pediatric headache care across the United States...
- Delinquent youth in corrections: Medicaid and reentry into the communityRavindra A Gupta
Office of Clinical Sciences, Columbus Children s Research Institute, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatrics 115:1077-83. 2005
- Parental attitudes toward children's use of antidepressants and psychotherapyJack Stevens
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:289-96. 2009..We also explored sociodemographic and treatment variables that might influence these perceptions...
- Evolution of child mental health services in primary careKelly J Kelleher
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Acad Pediatr 9:7-14. 2009..Our purpose was to describe trends in research over the past 2 decades and to suggest further key items for the research agenda...
- Emotional response to the ano-genital examination of suspected sexual abuseGail Hornor
Nationwide Children s Hospital, Center for Child and Family Advocacy, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Forensic Nurs 5:124-30. 2009....
- Behavioral inhibition, self-regulation of motivation, and working memory in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderJack Stevens
Division of Psychology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 21:117-39. 2002..Future directions for specifying childhood difficulties in inhibitory control and memory processes are discussed...