Stanislaw Peter Stawicki
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Retained surgical items: a problem yet to be solvedStanislaw P A Stawicki
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Am Coll Surg 216:15-22. 2013..The goals of this study were to better define risk factors for RSI, to clarify previously discrepant risk factors, and to evaluate other potential contributors to RSI occurrence, such as trainee presence during an operation...
- Pancreatic trauma: demographics, diagnosis, and managementStanislaw Peter Stawicki
Department of Surgery, Division of Traumatology and Surgical Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am Surg 74:1133-45. 2008..Morbidity associated with pancreatic trauma is high and can be quite severe. Treatment of pancreatic trauma-related complications often requires a combination of interventional, endoscopic, and surgical approaches...
- Fatal child cervical spine injuries in motor vehicle collisions: Analysis using unique linked national datasetsS Peter Stawicki
Department of Surgery, Division of Critical Care, Trauma and Burn, Ohio State University Medical Center, 395 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Injury 40:864-7. 2009..To improve insight into fatal child cervical spine injuries (CSI) caused by motor vehicle collisions...
- Retained surgical foreign bodies: a comprehensive review of risks and preventive strategiesS P Stawicki
Department of Surgery, Division of Critical Care, Trauma, and Burn, The Ohio State University Medical Center, N 717 Doan Hall, 410 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Scand J Surg 98:8-17. 2009..The authors also explore the relationship between RSFB and surgical training with emphasis on education in early recognition, prevention, and focus on team-oriented training strategies...
- Atrial fibrillation after esophagectomy: an indicator of postoperative morbidityStanislaw P A Stawicki
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 395 W 12th Avenue, Suite 634 C, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 59:399-405. 2011..This study's primary goal is to better define the incidence, clinical patterns, and outcomes associated with the development of AF after esophagectomy...