Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- Molecular cloning, gene organization, and expression of mouse Mpi encoding phosphomannose isomeraseJoseph A Davis
Glycobiology Program, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Glycobiology 12:435-42. 2002....
- Endogenous damage-associated molecular pattern molecules at the crossroads of inflammation and cancerGeetha Srikrishna
Tumor Microenvironment Program, Cancer Center, The Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neoplasia 11:615-28. 2009..This review focuses on the role of DAMP molecules high-mobility group box 1 and S100 proteins in inflammation, tumor growth, and early metastatic events...
- Carboxylated glycans mediate colitis through activation of NF-kappa BGeetha Srikrishna
Glycobiology Program, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 175:5412-22. 2005..It specifically blocked activation of NF-kappaB p65 in lamina propria cells of colitic mice and in activated macrophages. These results indicate that carboxylate-glycan-dependent pathways contribute to the early onset of colitis...
- Carboxylated N-glycans on RAGE promote S100A12 binding and signalingGeetha Srikrishna
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biochem 110:645-59. 2010..These results demonstrate that carboxylated N-glycans on RAGE enhance binding potential and promote receptor clustering and subsequent signaling events following oligomeric S100A12 binding...
- S100A8/A9 activate key genes and pathways in colon tumor progressionMie Ichikawa
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10905 Road to the Cure, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:133-48. 2011..Our results thus reveal a novel role for myeloid-derived S100A8/A9 in activating specific downstream genes associated with tumorigenesis and in promoting tumor growth and metastasis...
- RAGE, carboxylated glycans and S100A8/A9 play essential roles in colitis-associated carcinogenesisOlga Turovskaya
Division of Developmental Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:2035-43. 2008..These findings show that RAGE, carboxylated glycans and S100A8/A9 play essential roles in tumor-stromal interactions, leading to inflammation-associated colon carcinogenesis...
- S100A8 and S100A9: new insights into their roles in malignancyGeetha Srikrishna
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Innate Immun 4:31-40. 2012..Elucidating molecular pathways mediated by these proteins promises to provide potential novel targets for the development of cancer therapeutics and to establish valid biomarkers to identify early stages of tumor progression...
- N -Glycans on the receptor for advanced glycation end products influence amphoterin binding and neurite outgrowthGeetha Srikrishna
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurochem 80:998-1008. 2002..These results indicate that carboxylated N -glycans on RAGE play an important functional role in amphoterin-RAGE-mediated signalling...
- Novel carboxylated N-glycans contain oligosaccharide-linked glutamic acidGeetha Srikrishna
Glycobiology Program, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:1020-7. 2005..These results demonstrate that mammalian cells synthesize complex-type N-glycans with glutamate linked to their antennae, further expanding their potential for covalent or ionic interactions...
- N-glycosylation deficiency reduces ICAM-1 induction and impairs inflammatory responsePing He
Genetic Disease Program, Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Glycobiology 24:392-8. 2014..Attenuated inflammatory response in glycosylation-deficient mice may result from a failure to increase ICAM-1 on the vascular endothelial surface and may help explain recurrent infections in patients. ..