Genomes and Genes
R Keith Slotkin
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Gene expression and stress response mediated by the epigenetic regulation of a transposable element small RNAAndrea D McCue
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002474. 2012..In addition, the ability of this TE siRNA to regulate a gene's expression in trans blurs the lines between TE and gene-regulating small RNAs...
- Genome-wide identification of genes regulated in trans by transposable element small interfering RNAsAndrea D McCue
Department of Molecular Genetics and Center for RNA Biology The Ohio State University Columbus, OH, USA
RNA Biol 10:1379-95. 2013....
- FACS-based purification of Arabidopsis microspores, sperm cells and vegetative nucleiFilipe Borges
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2780 156, Oeiras, Portugal
Plant Methods 8:44. 2012..abstract:..
- The epigenetic control of the Athila family of retrotransposons in ArabidopsisR Keith Slotkin
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, Ohio State University, USA
Epigenetics 5:483-90. 2010..This review explores what studying one of the largest transposable element families in one of the smallest plant genomes can tell us about the epigenetic regulation of the genome...
- Transposable element small RNAs as regulators of gene expressionAndrea D McCue
Department of Molecular Genetics and Center for RNA Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Trends Genet 28:616-23. 2012..Based on these two examples, we suggest that other TE-derived small RNAs regulate additional genes and propose that, through small RNAs, the epigenetic status of TEs could widely influence the genic transcriptome...
- The initiation of epigenetic silencing of active transposable elements is triggered by RDR6 and 21-22 nucleotide small interfering RNAsSaivageethi Nuthikattu
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Plant Physiol 162:116-31. 2013....
- Developmental relaxation of transposable element silencing in plants: functional or byproduct?German Martinez
The Department of Molecular Genetics and The Center for RNA Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Curr Opin Plant Biol 15:496-502. 2012..In this opinion article, we review the known DRTS events and speculate on the function, if any, of DRTS in plants...
- Cytoplasmic connection of sperm cells to the pollen vegetative cell nucleus: potential roles of the male germ unit revisitedAndrea D McCue
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Exp Bot 62:1621-31. 2011..This review focuses on the nature of the sperm cell cytoplasmic projection and the potential communicative function of the male germ unit...
- Analysis of retrotransposon activity in plantsChristopher DeFraia
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1112:195-210. 2014....