Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Kinetics of the cervical spine in pediatric and adult volunteers during low speed frontal impactsThomas Seacrist
Center for Injury Research and Prevention, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
J Biomech 45:99-106. 2012..Such information is valuable for pediatric cervical spine models and when scaling adult-based upper cervical spine tolerance and injury metrics to children...
- Evaluation of the hybrid III and Q-series pediatric ATD upper neck loads as compared to pediatric volunteers in low-speed frontal crashesThomas Seacrist
Center for Injury Research and Prevention, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market St, Suite 1150, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 41:2381-90. 2013..These analyses provide insight into the biofidelity of the pediatric ATD upper neck loads in low-speed crash environments. ..
- Comparison of kinematic responses of the head and spine for children and adults in low-speed frontal sled testsKristy B Arbogast
Center for Injury Research and Prevention, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Blvd, Suite 1150, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Stapp Car Crash J 53:329-72. 2009..These results can serve as a data set for validating the responses of restrained ATDs and computational human models to low severity frontal collisions...
- The effect of pretensioning and age on torso rollout in restrained human volunteers in far-side lateral and oblique loadingKristy B Arbogast
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
Stapp Car Crash J 56:443-67. 2012..These results can serve as a data set for validating the responses of restrained ATDs and computational human models to low severity far side collisions, in particular the interaction between the torso and the shoulder belt...
- Electromyography responses of pediatric and young adult volunteers in low-speed frontal impactsEmily A Mathews
School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Drexel University, 3120 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 23:1206-14. 2013..These data can be useful to incorporate active musculature in computational models, though it may not need to be age-specific in low-speed loading environments. ..
- Passive cervical spine flexion: the effect of age and genderThomas Seacrist
Center for Injury Research and Prevention, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 27:326-33. 2012..A method is needed to quantify the passive range of motion properties of the cervical spine under controlled loading conditions, particularly in the pediatric population where normative clinical and model validation data is limited...
- Forensic analysis of crib mattress properties on pediatric CPR quality--can we balance pressure reduction with CPR effectiveness?Dana E Niles
Center for Simulation, Advanced Education and Innovation, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Resuscitation 84:1131-6. 2013..However, single mode PR mattresses risk large mattress deflection during CPR chest compressions, potentially leading to inadequate chest compressions...