James R Schwartz
Affiliation: The Procter and Gamble Company
- Zinc and skin health: overview of physiology and pharmacologyJames R Schwartz
Beauty Care Product Development, The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio 45251, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:837-47; discussion 847. 2005..The specific roles zinc plays in skin health and function are less widely known yet are likely just as critical based on the manifestations of dietary zinc deprivation, which include moderate to severe dermatitis...
- Product pharmacology and medical actives in achieving therapeutic benefitsJames R Schwartz
Beauty Care Product Development, The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 10:198-200. 2005
- Three etiologic facets of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis: Malassezia fungi, sebaceous lipids, and individual sensitivityYvonne M DeAngelis
The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 10:295-7. 2005..Pyrithione zinc kills Malassezia and all other fungi, and is highly effective against the Malassezia species actually found on scalp. Reduction in fungi reduces free fatty acids, thereby reducing scalp flaking and itch...
- Does tachyphylaxis occur in long-term management of scalp seborrheic dermatitis with pyrithione zinc-based treatments?James R Schwartz
Beauty Care Product Development, The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio 45241, USA
Int J Dermatol 48:79-85. 2009..There is a common belief that patients frequently experience decreasing benefits over time when using a single product. This physiologic accommodation is termed tachyphylaxis...
- Efficacy and skin tolerability of saliker in the treatment of dandruffJames R Schwartz
Eur J Dermatol 12:617. 2002