Thomas P Sakmar
Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Berchiche Y, Sakmar T. CXC Chemokine Receptor 3 Alternative Splice Variants Selectively Activate Different Signaling Pathways. Mol Pharmacol. 2016;90:483-95 pubmed publisher..Our data show an additional layer of complexity for chemokine receptor signaling that might be exploited to target specific CXCR3 splice variants. ..
- Tian H, Sakmar T, Huber T. Measurement of Slow Spontaneous Release of 11-cis-Retinal from Rhodopsin. Biophys J. 2017;112:153-161 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the physiological implications of these findings on the basal activity of opsins and the associated dark noise in the visual system. ..
- Barbash S, Sakmar T. Length-dependent gene misexpression is associated with Alzheimer's disease progression. Sci Rep. 2017;7:190 pubmed publisher..Additional investigation to elucidate the precise mechanism underlying gene-length dependent changes in expression is warranted. ..
- Tian H, Sakmar T, Huber T. The Energetics of Chromophore Binding in the Visual Photoreceptor Rhodopsin. Biophys J. 2017;113:60-72 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insights into the ligand-receptor binding reaction for rhodopsin in particular, and for GPCRs more broadly. ..
- Peeler J, Schedin Weiss S, Soula M, Kazmi M, Sakmar T. Isopeptide and ester bond ubiquitination both regulate degradation of the human dopamine receptor 4. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:21623-21630 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both isopeptide and ester bond ubiquitination regulate proteasomal degradation of hD4R. ..
- Barbash S, Sakmar T. Brain gene expression signature on primate genomic sequence evolution. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17329 pubmed publisher..The similarity was specific for promoter regions and cerebellum and frontal cortex expression, suggesting a major impact of gene regulation in the brain on genome shaping along the primate branch. ..