Genomes and Genes
Laura J Rush
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Mll partial tandem duplication induces aberrant Hox expression in vivo via specific epigenetic alterationsAdrienne M Dorrance
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43220, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2707-16. 2006....
- Alterations of DNA methylation in hematologic malignanciesLaura J Rush
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Cancer Lett 185:1-12. 2002....
- Restriction landmark genomic scanning for DNA methylation in cancer: past, present, and future applicationsLaura J Rush
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Division of Human Cancer Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Anal Biochem 307:191-201. 2002..This review discusses practical considerations of using RLGS as a genome scanning tool and the past, present, and future applications in cancer biology...
- DNA hypermethylation and epigenetic silencing of the tumor suppressor gene, SLC5A8, in acute myeloid leukemia with the MLL partial tandem duplicationSusan P Whitman
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Blood 112:2013-6. 2008..Within the majority of MLL-PTD AML is a mechanism in which DNA hypermethylation silences a TSG that, together with MLL-PTD, can contribute further to aberrant chromatin remodeling and altered gene expression...
- MicroRNA-29b induces global DNA hypomethylation and tumor suppressor gene reexpression in acute myeloid leukemia by targeting directly DNMT3A and 3B and indirectly DNMT1Ramiro Garzon
Department of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
Blood 113:6411-8. 2009....
- The MLL partial tandem duplication: evidence for recessive gain-of-function in acute myeloid leukemia identifies a novel patient subgroup for molecular-targeted therapySusan P Whitman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 106:345-52. 2005....
- Aberrant DNA methylation of OLIG1, a novel prognostic factor in non-small cell lung cancerRomulo M Brena
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e108. 2007..However, the overall survival of patients with resectable tumors varies significantly, indicating the need for additional prognostic factors to better predict the outcome of the disease, particularly within a given TNM subset...
- Epigenetic profiling in chronic lymphocytic leukemia reveals novel methylation targetsLaura J Rush
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 64:2424-33. 2004....
- Interplay of RUNX1/MTG8 and DNA methyltransferase 1 in acute myeloid leukemiaShujun Liu
Divisions of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Cancer Res 65:1277-84. 2005..These results suggest a novel mechanism for gene silencing mediated by RUNX1/MTG8 and support the combination of HDAC and DNMT inhibitors as a novel therapeutic approach for t(8;21) AML...
- An AscI boundary library for the studies of genetic and epigenetic alterations in CpG islandsZunyan Dai
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Genome Res 12:1591-8. 2002..Feasibility of this system is shown in three tumor types, medulloblastomas, lung cancers, and head and neck cancers. We report the cloning of 178 AscI RLGS fragments via two methods by use of this library...
- A comprehensive search for DNA amplification in lung cancer identifies inhibitors of apoptosis cIAP1 and cIAP2 as candidate oncogenesZunyan Dai
Program of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:791-801. 2003..Immunohistochemistry and western blot analysis identified cIAP1 and cIAP2 as potential oncogenes in this region as both are overexpressed in multiple lung cancers with or without higher copy numbers...
- The need for veterinarians in biomedical researchThomas J Rosol
College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Vet Med Educ 36:70-5. 2009..These actions are necessary for the profession to sustain its viability as an integral part of biomedical research...
- Aberrant overexpression of IL-15 initiates large granular lymphocyte leukemia through chromosomal instability and DNA hypermethylationAnjali Mishra
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Cell 22:645-55. 2012..Drug targeting that reverses miR-29b repression cures otherwise fatal LGL leukemia. We show how excessive IL-15 initiates cancer and demonstrate effective drug targeting for potential therapy of human LGL leukemia...
- Mapping DNA structural variation in dogsWei Kang Chen
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Genome Res 19:500-9. 2009..We discuss how a catalog of structural variation in dogs will accelerate the identification of the genetic basis of canine traits and diseases, beginning with the use of whole genome association and candidate-CNV/gene approaches...
- Restriction landmark genomic scanning (RLGS) spot identification by second generation virtual RLGS in multiple genomes with multiple enzyme combinationsDominic J Smiraglia
Department of Cancer Genetics, and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
BMC Genomics 8:446. 2007..However, a limitation to the utility of this method has been the ability to assign specific genomic sequences to RLGS spots, a process commonly referred to as "RLGS spot cloning."..
- Loss of the tumor suppressor PML in human cancers of multiple histologic originsCarmela Gurrieri
Molecular Biology Program and Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:269-79. 2004..However, its role in the pathogenesis of human cancers other than APL is still unclear. We therefore assessed the status and expression of the PML gene in solid tumors of multiple histologic origins...
- Aberrant DNA Methylation in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaLaura Rush; Fiscal Year: 2006..The combination of results from studies of primary tumors, in vitro cultures, and mechanistic molecular experiments will contribute to the understanding of the role of aberrant DNA methylation in leukemogenesis. ..