Theodore F Robles
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- The physiology of marriage: pathways to healthTheodore F Robles
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 245 Townshend Hall, 1885 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Physiol Behav 79:409-16. 2003..Finally, we discuss future implications of current research for understanding the relationships among marital functioning, physiology, and health...
- Psychoneuroimmunology and psychosomatic medicine: back to the futureJanice K Kiecolt-Glaser
Department of Psychiatry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Psychosom Med 64:15-28. 2002..This article speculates on future directions for psychoneuroimmunology research, after reviewing the history of the field...
- Mild depressive symptoms are associated with amplified and prolonged inflammatory responses after influenza virus vaccination in older adultsRonald Glaser
Departments of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:1009-14. 2003..In this prospective community study, we assessed the relationship between depressive symptoms and changes in inflammatory response after an influenza virus vaccination...
- Momentary work worries, marital disclosure, and salivary cortisol among parents of young childrenRichard B Slatcher
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Psychosom Med 72:887-96. 2010....
- Trait positive affect buffers the effects of acute stress on skin barrier recoveryTheodore F Robles
Department of Psychology, University of Califonia, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Health Psychol 28:373-8. 2009....
- Hostility and pain are related to inflammation in older adultsJennifer E Graham
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University College of Medicine, USA
Brain Behav Immun 20:389-400. 2006..Our results also shed light on inflammation as a mechanism underlying the effects of hostility on cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality...
- Psychoneuroimmunology: psychological influences on immune function and healthJanice K Kiecolt-Glaser
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus 43210, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 70:537-47. 2002....
- Examining psychosocial factors related to cancer incidence and progression: in search of the silver liningKathi L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 1581 Dodd Drive, McCampbell Hall, Columbus 43210, USA
Brain Behav Immun 17:S109-11. 2003
- Utility of a salivary biosensor for objective assessment of surgery-related stressTheodore F Robles
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:2256-63. 2012..To evaluate the clinical utility of a salivary α-amylase (sAA) biosensor for assessing oral surgery-related stress responses and the differential effect of the personality trait of pain catastrophizing...
- Attachment, skin deep? Relationships between adult attachment and skin barrier recoveryTheodore F Robles
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 88:241-52. 2013..These findings are the first to demonstrate associations between individual differences in attachment style and restorative biological processes in the skin, even in a sample of young dating couples in satisfied relationships...
- Emotions, morbidity, and mortality: new perspectives from psychoneuroimmunologyJanice K Kiecolt-Glaser
Department of Psychiatry The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 1670 Upham Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 53:83-107. 2002..Resources such as close personal relationships that diminish negative emotions enhance health in part through their positive impact on immune and endocrine regulation...
- Stress, social support, and delayed skin barrier recoveryTheodore F Robles
UCLA Department of Psychology, Box 951563, 1285 Franz Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychosom Med 69:807-15. 2007..To examine the effect of a brief laboratory stressor and social support before the stressor on cardiovascular and cortisol responses, and skin barrier recovery after skin disruption...
- Marital quality and the marital bed: examining the covariation between relationship quality and sleepWendy M Troxel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Sleep Med Rev 11:389-404. 2007....