Robert M Rennebohm
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Normal scores for nine maneuvers of the Childhood Myositis Assessment ScaleRobert M Rennebohm
Division of Pediatric Rheumatolgy, Columbus Children s Hospital and The Ohio State University, 43205, USA
Arthritis Rheum 51:365-70. 2004..To document and evaluate the scores that normal, healthy children achieve when performing 9 maneuvers of the Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale (CMAS)...
- Validation and clinical significance of the Childhood Myositis Assessment Scale for assessment of muscle function in the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesAdam M Huber
IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University, 5850 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3G9, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 50:1595-603. 2004....
- Aggressive immunosuppressive treatment of Susac's syndrome in an adolescent: using treatment of dermatomyositis as a modelRobert M Rennebohm
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 6:3. 2008..The patient's outcome provides evidence for the importance of prompt, aggressive, and sustained immunosuppressive treatment of encephalopathic SS...
- Treatment of Susac's syndromeRobert M Rennebohm
Clinical Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, United States
J Neurol Sci 257:215-20. 2007..We apply lessons learned from study of DM to SS, and offer our current treatment protocol for SS. Since these treatment guidelines are based mainly on anecdotal evidence, they represent only preliminary recommendations...
- Treatment of Susac's SyndromeRobert M Rennebohm
Robert M Rennebohm, MD Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus Children s Hospital, Rheumatology Division, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 10:67-74. 2008..Rituximab is the newest therapy to consider. Treatment should be prompt, aggressive, and sustained to avoid the dreaded residuals of dementia, deafness, and blindness...
- Susac's syndrome: 1975-2005 microangiopathy/autoimmune endotheliopathyJohn O Susac
Neurology and Neurosurgery Associates, P A, 50 2nd Street S E, Winter Haven, FL 33880 USA
J Neurol Sci 257:270-2. 2007..SS is an autoimmune endotheliopathy that requires treatment with immunosuppressants: steroids, cyclophosphamide, and intravenous immunoglobulin, usually in combination. Aspirin is a useful adjunct...
- Alternative scoring of the Cutaneous Assessment Tool in juvenile dermatomyositis: results using abbreviated formatsAdam M Huber
Izaak Walton Killam Health Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 59:352-6. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine whether alternative scoring methods would shorten the CAT without compromising its measurement characteristics...
- Preliminary validation and clinical meaning of the Cutaneous Assessment Tool in juvenile dermatomyositisAdam M Huber
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 59:214-21. 2008..To provide preliminary validation of the Cutaneous Assessment Tool (CAT), a new tool to assess cutaneous manifestations of juvenile dermatomyositis (DM), and to explore the clinical meaning of CAT scores...
- Neopterin and quinolinic acid are surrogate measures of disease activity in the juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesLisa G Rider
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Immunology, Division of Monoclonal Antibodies, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Chem 48:1681-8. 2002..We evaluated the utility of neopterin and quinolinic acid (QUIN) as surrogate measures of disease activity in juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIMs)...
- Predictors of acquired lipodystrophy in juvenile-onset dermatomyositis and a gradient of severityApril Bingham
From Office of Clinical Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1301, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 87:70-86. 2008..Further study is warranted to investigate the pathogenesis of acquired LD in patients with DM...