Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Differential properties of adult rat and mouse brain-derived neural stem/progenitor cellsJasodhara Ray
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Laboratory of Genetics, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:560-73. 2006..Thus, extrapolation of cell properties from one species to another based on studies of these cells should be made with caution...
- Directed differentiation of hippocampal stem/progenitor cells in the adult brainSebastian Jessberger
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:888-93. 2008..These data indicate that AHPs have substantial plasticity, which might have important implications for the potential use of endogenous AHPs in neurological disease...
- Functional and morphological effects of NG2 proteoglycan deletion on hippocampal neurogenesisMichaela Thallmair
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Exp Neurol 202:167-78. 2006..These results suggest that the null mutation for NG2 does not influence adult hippocampal neurogenesis or hippocampal-dependent behavioral tasks...
- In vivo fate analysis reveals the multipotent and self-renewal capacities of Sox2+ neural stem cells in the adult hippocampusHoonkyo Suh
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:515-28. 2007..An asymmetric contribution of Sox2+ NSCs may play an important role in maintaining the constant size of the NSC pool and producing newly born neurons during adult neurogenesis...
- Quantitative analysis of gene expression in living adult neural stem cells by gene trappingJohn R Scheel
Laboratory of Genetics, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Methods 2:363-70. 2005....
- Expression and function of orphan nuclear receptor TLX in adult neural stem cellsYanhong Shi
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 427:78-83. 2004..TLX can silence glia-specific expression of the astrocyte marker GFAP in neural stem cells, suggesting that transcriptional repression may be crucial in maintaining the undifferentiated state of these cells...
- Ex vivo and in vivo gene delivery to the brainJaana Suhonen
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Curr Protoc Hum Genet . 2006..This unit also includes procedures for transcardial perfusion to fix the tissue prior to analysis of expression and for sectioning of brains by use of a freezing sledge microtome. Thionine staining of tissue sections is also described...
- The immunological properties of adult hippocampal progenitor cellsHenry Klassen
Stem Cell Research, Children s Hospital of Orange County, 455 South Main Street, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Vision Res 43:947-56. 2003..Taken together, these results indicate that AHPCs are non-immunogenic in vitro. This is consistent with their pattern of MHC expression and does not require an active immunosuppressive mechanism...