Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Ravandi F. Are adjuncts to induction chemotherapy worthwhile in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia?. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2014;27:241-6 pubmed publisher..Identification of potent targeted agents may even have the potential of replacing cytotoxic therapy at least in some subsets of AML. ..
- Sasaki K, Jabbour E, Cortes J, Kadia T, Garcia Manero G, Borthakur G, et al. Outcome of Patients With Therapy-Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia With or Without a History of Myelodysplasia. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016;16:616-624 pubmed publisher..The presence of AHD did not affect OS. ..
- Short N, Kantarjian H, Jabbour E, Ravandi F. Novel Therapies for Older Adults With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2018;13:91-99 pubmed publisher..Innovative combination strategies may further improve the outcomes of these patients. ..
- Ravandi F, Faderl S. Complete response in a patient with adult T-cell leukemia (ATL) treated with combination of alemtuzumab and pentostatin. Leuk Res. 2006;30:103-5 pubmed..Alemtuzumab with or without nucleoside analogs such as pentostatin may provide a role in this setting. However, the associated immunosuppression is a concern in patients with viral-mediated disease. ..
- Ravandi F, Gojo I, Patnaik M, Minden M, Kantarjian H, Johnson Levonas A, et al. A phase I trial of the human double minute 2 inhibitor (MK-8242) in patients with refractory/recurrent acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Leuk Res. 2016;48:92-100 pubmed publisher..9h, CLss/F 28.8L/h, and Vss/F 317L. The 7on/14off regimen showed a more favorable safety profile; no MTD was established. Efficacy was seen using both regimens providing impetus for further study of HDM2 inhibitors in subjects with AML. ..
- Short N, Ravandi F. Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Past, Present, and Prospects for the Future. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016;16 Suppl:S25-9 pubmed publisher..Sensitive methods for detecting minimal residual disease in AML have not only improved prognostication of these patients but also provide the framework for risk-adapted strategies in this heterogeneous disease. ..
- Ravandi F, Aribi A, O Brien S, Faderl S, Jones D, Ferrajoli A, et al. Phase II study of alemtuzumab in combination with pentostatin in patients with T-cell neoplasms. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:5425-30 pubmed publisher..Although infections, including cytomegalovirus reactivation, are a concern, they may be minimized with adequate prophylactic antibiotic therapy. ..
- Ravandi F, Issa J, Garcia Manero G, O Brien S, Pierce S, Shan J, et al. Superior outcome with hypomethylating therapy in patients with acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome and chromosome 5 and 7 abnormalities. Cancer. 2009;115:5746-51 pubmed publisher..153). The overall survival was superior for the hypomethylating group compared with the chemotherapy group (P=.019). Treatment with hypomethylating agents may be superior to chemotherapy in patients with chromosome 5 and 7 abnormalities. ..
- Vega Ruiz A, Faderl S, Estrov Z, Pierce S, Cortes J, Kantarjian H, et al. Incidence of extramedullary disease in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia: a single-institution experience. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:489-496 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the incidence of EMD is low. We were unable to identify any specific factors that could predict the development of EMD. ..
- Ravandi F, Patel K, Luthra R, Faderl S, Konopleva M, Kadia T, et al. Prognostic significance of alterations in IDH enzyme isoforms in patients with AML treated with high-dose cytarabine and idarubicin. Cancer. 2012;118:2665-73 pubmed publisher..Using high-dose ara-C-based induction regimens, we did not detect an association with outcome for any of the aberrations. ..
- Ravandi F, Cortes J, Jones D, Faderl S, Garcia Manero G, Konopleva M, et al. Phase I/II study of combination therapy with sorafenib, idarubicin, and cytarabine in younger patients with acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1856-62 pubmed publisher..Plasma inhibitory assay demonstrated an on-target effect on FLT3 kinase activity. CONCLUSION Sorafenib can be safely combined with chemotherapy, produces a high CR rate in FLT3-mutated patients, and inhibits FLT3 signaling. ..
- Ravandi F, Kantarjian H, Faderl S, Garcia Manero G, O Brien S, Koller C, et al. Outcome of patients with FLT3-mutated acute myeloid leukemia in first relapse. Leuk Res. 2010;34:752-6 pubmed publisher..017). Overall, patients with mutated FLT3 had a shorter survival from the time of relapse compared to those with FLT3-WT (P<0.001). The adverse prognostic impact of FLT3 mutations appears to persist beyond the initial treatment. ..
- ..Whether such strategies of chemoimmunotherapy would lead to further improvements in the outcome of patients with HCL needs to be further investigated...
- Ravandi F, Jorgensen J, O Brien S, Verstovsek S, Koller C, Faderl S, et al. Eradication of minimal residual disease in hairy cell leukemia. Blood. 2006;107:4658-62 pubmed..Disease characteristics may potentially be used to identify patients that are more likely to benefit from such additional therapy...
- Khan M, Cortes J, Kadia T, Naqvi K, Brandt M, Pierce S, et al. Clinical Outcomes and Co-Occurring Mutations in Patients with RUNX1-Mutated Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Future studies should focus on the prognostic implications of RUNX1 mutations relative to other co-occurring mutations, and the potential role of hypomethylating agents for this molecularly-defined group. ..
- Ravandi F, Kantarjian H, Jones D, Dearden C, Keating M, O Brien S. Mature T-cell leukemias. Cancer. 2005;104:1808-18 pubmed..Herein, we review the clinical and pathological features of mature T-cell leukemias...