Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Islet transplantation: alternative sitesAmer Rajab
The Comprehensive Transplant Center, The Ohio State University, 395 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Curr Diab Rep 10:332-7. 2010..Varying degrees of success have been reported with the use of all these transplant sites in an experimental setting. However, the optimal transplant site remains to be finally established...
- Steroid avoidance using sirolimus and cyclosporine in pediatric renal transplantation: one year analysisFranca M Iorember
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nephrology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Transplant 14:93-9. 2010..However, early findings also suggest possible potentiation of CSA nephrotoxicity by SRL in some children...
- Steroid-free maintenance immunosuppression with rapamune and low-dose neoral in pancreas transplant recipientsAmer Rajab
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Transplantation 84:1131-7. 2007..Steroid-free immunosuppression is an attractive option because it avoids the many side effects of chronic corticosteroid use. It is especially attractive in pancreas recipients because it avoids the diabetogenic effects of steroids...
- Excellent clinical outcomes in primary kidney transplant recipients treated with steroid-free maintenance immunosuppressionAmer Rajab
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Clin Transplant 20:537-46. 2006..001). We conclude that excellent graft survival with a significantly lower incidence of acute rejection can be achieved using a steroid-free maintenance immunosuppressive protocol consisting of Neoral and Sirolimus...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic versus open nephrectomies in living donorsAmer Rajab
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Can J Surg 48:123-30. 2005..The morbidity associated with traditional open donor nephrectomies (ODN) may discourage many candidates. The newer laparoscopic technique has been promoted as having less morbidity...
- Simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantation: overview of the ohio state experienceElmahdi A Elkhammas
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Division of Transplantation, 1654 Upham Drive, Room 363, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1228, USA
Yonsei Med J 45:1095-100. 2004
- Magnetic resonance cholangiography with mangafodipir trisodium (Teslascan) to evaluate bile duct leaks after T-tube removal in liver transplantationEmin Baris Akin
Division of Transplantation, Department of General Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 363 Means Hall, 1654 Upham Drive, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:613-6. 2004..CEMRC successfully identified the presence, location and extent of bile duct leaks, and can be performed as a diagnostic study in patients with suspected bile duct leaks...
- Magnetic resonance angiography for preoperative evaluation of potential kidney donorsAmer Rajab
Division of Transplantation, Department of General Surgery, Ohio State University College of Medicine, 1654 Upham Drive, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Surg Res 120:195-200. 2004..However, this procedure is invasive. Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) is an attractive, noninvasive alternative. The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of MRA in potential living kidney donors...
- Twenty years of renal transplantation at Ohio State University: the results of five eras of immunosuppressionRonald M Ferguson
Department of Surgery, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State University Medical Center, 363 Means Hall, 1654 Upham Dr, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Surg 186:306-11. 2003..The incidence of acute rejection episodes and graft survival from each era are compared and demonstrate the substantial improvement in results that has been achieved over the past 20 years...
- The impact of mycophenolate mofetil dosing patterns on clinical outcome after renal transplantationRonald P Pelletier
Division of Transplantation, Department of General Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Clin Transplant 17:200-5. 2003..The impact on the incidence of acute rejection and graft survival when the MMF dose must be lowered has not previously been investigated...
- The use of basiliximab in solid organ transplantationMitchell L Henry
Division of Transplantation, Department of General Surgery, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:1657-63. 2002..In addition, basiliximab is well-tolerated with minimal side effects...
- Acute renal failure following kidney transplantation associated with myoglobinuria in patients treated with rapamycinRonald Pelletier
Division of Transplantation, Department of General Surgery, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Transplantation 82:645-50. 2006..Biopsies obtained in these recipients demonstrate acute tubular necrosis (ATN) occasionally associated with tubular casts giving the classic appearance of myoglobin casts...