Affiliation: The Procter and Gamble Company
- Effects of the formaldehyde releasing preservatives dimethylol urea and diazolidinyl urea in several short-term genotoxicity testsStefan Pfuhler
Abteilung Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Universität Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11 N26 428, D 89069, Ulm, Germany
Mutat Res 514:133-46. 2002..On account of these data and because of the widespread use of these two compounds in various products used in daily life, a reevaluation of the risk associated with these compounds seems to be necessary...
- The in vivo comet assay: use and status in genotoxicity testingSusanne Brendler-Schwaab
Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices, Bonn, Germany
Mutagenesis 20:245-54. 2005..Such findings will have practical consequences in the risk assessment processes and further development of substances...
- Genotoxicty and mutagenicityDaniela Maurici
ECVAM, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, European Commission Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra VA, Italy
Altern Lab Anim 33:117-30. 2005
- How to reduce false positive results when undertaking in vitro genotoxicity testing and thus avoid unnecessary follow-up animal tests: Report of an ECVAM WorkshopDavid Kirkland
Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate HG3 1PY, UK
Mutat Res 628:31-55. 2007....
- Genetic toxicity assessment: employing the best science for human safety evaluation part IV: Recommendation of a working group of the Gesellschaft fuer Umwelt-Mutationsforschung (GUM) for a simple and straightforward approach to genotoxicity testingStefan Pfuhler
P and G Prestige and Professional, Cosmital SA, Experimental Product Safety, Marly, Switzerland
Toxicol Sci 97:237-40. 2007..In the absence of additional data, such compounds will have to be assumed to be potential genotoxic carcinogens and potential germ cell mutagens...
- The Cosmetics Europe strategy for animal-free genotoxicity testing: project status up-dateS Pfuhler
Procter and Gamble Co, 1 Procter and Gamble Plz, Cincinnati, OH, USA Electronic address
Toxicol In Vitro 28:18-23. 2014....
- Reduction of use of animals in regulatory genotoxicity testing: Identification and implementation opportunities-Report from an ECVAM workshopStefan Pfuhler
Procter and Gamble, Cosmital SA, CH 1723 Marly, Switzerland
Mutat Res 680:31-42. 2009..Furthermore, experimental proof is needed and under way to demonstrate the credibility of additional options for reduction of the number of animals, such as the integration of the Comet assay into repeat-dose toxicity studies...
- A tiered approach to the use of alternatives to animal testing for the safety assessment of cosmetics: genotoxicity. A COLIPA analysisStefan Pfuhler
Procter and Gamble, Miami Valley Laboratories, Cincinnati, OH 45253, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 57:315-24. 2010..A weight of evidence approach was employed to set up a decision-tree for the integration of alternative methods into tiered testing strategies...
- N-acetylation of three aromatic amine hair dye precursor molecules eliminates their genotoxic potentialAndreas Zeller
The Procter and Gamble Co, Cosmital SA, Route de Chésalles 21, 1723 Marly, Switzerland
Mutagenesis 29:37-48. 2014..The findings also indicate that the use of liver S-9 preparations, which generally underestimate Phase II reactions, contributes to the generation of irrelevant positive results in standard genotoxicity tests for this chemical class. ..
- ECVAM retrospective validation of in vitro micronucleus test (MNT)Raffaella Corvi
European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection IHCP, European Commission Joint Research Centre JRC, Ispra, VA, Italy
Mutagenesis 23:271-83. 2008..Following peer review, these conclusions were formally endorsed by the ECVAM Scientific Advisory Committee...