David E Ost
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Clinical and organizational factors in the initial evaluation of patients with lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesDavid E Ost
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 1462, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Chest 143:e121S-41S. 2013..It also includes an assessment of the impact of timeliness of care and multidisciplinary teams on outcome...
- Respiratory infections increase the risk of granulation tissue formation following airway stenting in patients with malignant airway obstructionDavid E Ost
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chest 141:1473-81. 2012..The most serious complications of airway stenting are long term, including infection and granulation tissue formation. However, to our knowledge, no studies have quantified the incidence rate of long-term complications for different stents...
- Decision making in patients with pulmonary nodulesDavid E Ost
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:363-72. 2012....
- Using quantitative breath sound measurements to predict lung function following resectionRodolfo C Morice
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 5:81. 2010..We investigated the capability of vibration response imaging (VRI) as an alternative to lung scintigraphy for prediction of postoperative lung function in patients with intrathoracic malignancies...
- Does pleural fluid appearance really matter? The relationship between fluid appearance and cytology, cell counts, and chemical laboratory measurements in pleural effusions of patients with cancerBulent Ozcakar
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas M, d, Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 77030 4008, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 5:63. 2010..This study explores the relationship between pleural fluid appearance and the results of chemical and cytological analyses in a group of patients with recurrent symptomatic pleural effusions and a diagnosis of cancer...
- Mini-bronchoalveolar lavage quantitative polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus pneumoniaDavid E Ost
Pulmonary Department, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 38:1536-41. 2010..The objective was to develop a polymerase chain reaction assay for mecA using mini-bronchoalveolar lavage to allow rapid diagnosis of ventilator associated pneumonia attributable to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus...
- Diagnostic yield of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration: results of the AQuIRE Bronchoscopy RegistryDavid E Ost
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chest 140:1557-66. 2011..Prospective data are needed to determine risk-adjusted diagnostic yield...
- Complications, consequences, and practice patterns of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration: Results of the AQuIRE registryGeorge A Eapen
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Chest 143:1044-53. 2013..The primary objective of this study was to quantify the incidence of and risk factors for complications in patients undergoing EBUS-TBNA...
- Flexible bronchoscopyRoberto F Casal
Interventional Pulmonology, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Chest Med 34:341-52. 2013..Pulmonologists should be trained in these basic bronchoscopic procedures. ..