Matthew J O'Connor
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Ventricular assist device-associated anti-human leukocyte antigen antibody sensitization in pediatric patients bridged to heart transplantationMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4399, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:109-16. 2010..The incidence and effects of VAD-associated anti-HLA sensitization have not been well studied in the pediatric population...
- Outpatient management of pediatric heart failureMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Heart Fail Clin 6:515-29, ix. 2010..This review focuses on the current state-of-the-art with respect to the outpatient management of heart failure in children...
- Contemporary management of congenital malformations of the heart in infants with Ellis - van Creveld syndrome: a report of nine casesMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, United States of America
Cardiol Young 21:145-52. 2011..Despite patients with Ellis - van Creveld syndrome being regarded as having a high surgical risk, few data are available regarding their outcomes following surgery for congenital malformations of the heart in the current era...
- Early systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunt intervention in neonates with congenital heart diseaseMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:106-12. 2011..To determine the incidence, risk factors, and outcomes after early, unplanned intervention on systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunts in neonates...
- Persistence of anti-human leukocyte antibodies in congenital heart disease late after surgery using allografts and whole bloodMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:390-7. 2013..Allografts are used for vascular reconstruction in many forms of congenital heart disease. Although allografts induce anti-human leukocyte antibody (HLA) formation, much about this response is unknown...
- Outcomes of infants undergoing superior cavopulmonary connection in the presence of ventricular dysfunctionMatthew J O'Connor
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:547-53. 2012..Ventricular performance improves in the majority of patients after SCPC, and midterm outcomes are comparable with previous reports, suggesting that these patients remain candidates for staged palliation...
- Ventricular assist devices in childrenMatthew J O'Connor
The Cardiac Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 29:113-21. 2014..The purpose of this review is to describe the indications for VADs in children, types of devices available, current outcomes, and future directions of VAD therapy...
- Quantification, identification, and relevance of anti-human leukocyte antigen antibodies formed in association with the berlin heart ventricular assist device in childrenMatthew J O'Connor
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Transplantation 95:1542-7. 2013..This phenomenon has not been well described with the Berlin Heart EXCOR VAD, the most commonly used VAD in pediatric patients...